My Blog List

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Here are my four seasons by Heart N Hand.  They are done in Gentle Art's thread, which I truly love to use and have done many designs that call for them.

When I moved from Ft. Smith AR to Milwaukee WI my stitching friends got me the frame and four small charts for this design.  It took me awhile to stitch it, but once I did I promptly put it into its frame and it has hung in my house every since then.  I think I had to use 32 ct. linen because the 28 ct was a little too big for the frame - sure glad I checked before I stitched it!!

Being in CA I really miss the seasons, while we get some cool night and a few raining days, it's just not the same.  There is something so special about looking outside on a lawn with about 5" of snow, or trees with a light glaze of ice.

And the fall, oh how I love the fall, I love the crisp mornings with a light frost and the warm afternoons and the trees with their beautiful colors.  I don't know why I didn't bring this one with me :(  But at least I have a picture so I can look at it and dream of the days when we are back home in KY with our kids, grandkids and other friends.

But for now I'm here in sunny california with a new job that I love, enjoying life as it comes and especially enjoying the time I get to spend with family when they come to visit.  I can't wait to take my granddaughter to Disney again (she went back in September), and I'm really excited about the hope that my grandson comes out in June......Space Mountain here I come again!!  and maybe even the tower of terror one more time!!

Until next time - happy stitching and my your needle guide you to a finished project.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment