My Blog List

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Where did the month go?

 Where has the month gone???  My hubby came home from Michigan and I took off for MN for my brother's step-son's wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding and it was so great to see my sisters, my parents and my brother and other family members.  Growing up my Dad would find vacation spots that tended to be isolated, if there are no phones that is great, if he could find a place without cars too, that was even better.  And if the spot had water for scuba diving and fishing, well then he found a little bit of heaven on earth.  Of course you have to remember my childhood was in the 60's and 70's, so it wasn't all that hard to find places with no phones, no cars???  Well that took a little more planning and plotting.  He found the perfect spot and to this day my parents continue to vacation there every year.  Anyway, there were 5 of us kids and we learned to be each other's best friends, at least for the 1 or 2 weeks we were on vacation.

Now that I'm grown, I understand my Dad's need to get away from the stress of the world, but more importantly I miss those vacation and the time I spent with my siblings.  My sisters became my best friends and my brother brought out the tom-boy in me.  I learned to climb trees, play baseball, football and hide-n-seek.

The two pictures are my attempts at starting on my dragon.  This is the beginning of the neck - not sure I like the stitch, not the look I was hoping for when I started.  I think I'll take it out and try again.  I have a another small section that I started, but like that even less, so it too will be taken out and re-started. You can see the scales outlined on the part above, I think I need to figure a stitch that will be closer to the scales...

I'm so looking forward to this weekend, my goal is to get at least one quilt top finished up and possibly two. Sometimes I think I'm further along that I really am, so need to pull it all out and see where I am.  Also want to get more of the green done on my lady and if all goes well, the face on Lizzy completed.  Lots of big plans for the week, lets hope I get something done.  I might get dressed Saturday morning to walk down to the local grocery store and Starbucks, but I think the rest of the weekend will be PJ's and pizza :)

Hope you all have a great weekend and are able to celebrate Labor Day by doing a labor of love, like stitching, quilting or knitting :)

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment