My Blog List

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not much stitching, but lots of ZEN this weekend

I had the best intension to do a lot of stitching and some beading, and even some sewing, but my weekend didn't go as planned.  I worked on Saturday, normally I just go in for a few hours, but was there from 7:00 to 3:00 and could have stayed longer.  But decided that I needed some of the weekend to myself.  While at work I plugged myself into my i-phone and listed to my tunes.  

I love to listen to lots of different types of music, the only thing you won't find in my tunes is rap music, haven't heard anything that I really like, but I do enjoy different types to fit my mood.  You will find Etta James, next to John Denver, Prince, O'Jays, Juice Newton, Neil Diamond, Simon & Garfunkle and Paul Simon by himself and so many more.  You never know what your mood is, some days I just shuffle them around.

My mood on Saturday was one to de-stress, and my favorite music to de-stress Israel Kamakawiwo'ole or Izzy.  I got the CD a long time ago, it had a song that was played on several shows - his version of Someplace Over the Rainbow, it also had County Road which is a John Denver song that I like, so I got the CD and fell in love with it.  I've listened to it so often that I've literally worn the CD out and not all of the songs play right anymore.  But I copied it to my i-tunes anyway, some songs are OK, others I need to delete.  

When I'm really struggling with an issue I love to listen the song "I Feel Like Goin On" from the movie the 5 Heart Beats.  I often gives me the courage to face whatever it is that has me done, or in a Funk.  Or of lately, "Sitting at a Red Light" by Jonny Lang......

And of course there are always the standards for putting me a good mood - Bob Marley, Queen, Juice Newton and many many more.

So when I need to chill, to find my zen I turn to music.... How you do achieve your zen????   I know that stitching helps a lot, but when I'm at work, I can't pull out my needle and thread, so music is the next best thing....

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment