My Blog List

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tonight the moon is at 99.2344 Full

Tomorrow it will be 99.9693% full!!  So I'm less than 1% early in my post :)  Don't you love technology?  Not only can you pin point the phases of the moon in percentages, but I also know EXACTLY where my hubby is all the time LOL.......The only time I really use the location apt for his phone is when he's traveling, so I can see where he is and when to expect him or let my girls know when to expect.  Everyone once in a while I'll call him up and ask him to get me something at the store when I see he's there.  No, I'm really not that nosy or controlling over my hubby, I just love the view from the phone - I get to see my house :) and my yard.

I've been working on my Thine is the Trick and Treat design.  I'm down to the last 3 large motifs, which are pretty much on the last page of the chart!!  I'm so excited, can't wait to get this one framed and hanging on the wall at work.  I'm also down to my last skein of thread, I'm hoping there is enough. As you can see I've been jumping around, stitching a little bit here and a little bit there.  I will get refocused this weekend and get it finished.  I have some back stitching to do yet too, but not much.  Can you see the glaring error?  If not then it must only glare at me.
I've also started to cut out my pillow cases for Christmas presents - I can't believe it's the middle of October, what happened to the Summer????   I have found some really neat material this year - Super Hero Woman, Nancy Drew, Family Guy, Cars, Simpsons, Dr. Seuss and S'mores!!  And of course some witches for me!!  Once they are all cut out then I'll spend a day or two ironing the band and pinning them all together for the first round of sewing.  Then I iron again and pin for the final round of sewing, then a little more ironing and they are done.

I also pulled out some of my fabric that I want to make into a quilt.  I have a really simple pattern called Mud Pies, but I've also seen the square called snow balls.  The squares are 9" and a larger print material would do well in the large squares.  But I might need to get a solid color for the corners of each large square.     
Before my hubby left on his trip I made this list of things I wanted to accomplish while he was away:

So while he's away I will:

  1. Assemble my ornament to mail off. After work today I went and got the material for the backing and some trim to go around. 
  2. Put the borders on my Dr. Seuss Quilt 
  3. Cut out at least 10 pillow cases for gifts
  4. Pull flannel out of my stash for 2 baby quilts
  5. Work some more on my Trick and Treat design
  6. Put Lizzy on the floor stand to work on!!
#1, 3, 4 & 5 were accomplished, but 2 and 6 have not been touched yet.  Thinking of putting my dragon back on my floor stand instead, I think I found a stitch that I like or at least want to try.

Well until the next full moon - happy stitching!!

Sandy






4 comments:

  1. All looks lovely, well done! I love your Thine is the Trick and Treat in purple. I have done mine in black or actually Raven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, I've seen yours as well, but not off hand if you are one who has finished it? Hope you come back again - I lurk on your blog as well :)

      Sandy

      Delete
  2. I love this Thine is the Trick and Treat pattern, I have to add this to my list! You have some great projects going, so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, going to take stock in my UFO's and put up my confessions soon :)

    ReplyDelete