My Blog List

Friday, August 29, 2014

Sad day in the stitching world

It's a sad day in the Stitching World, we lost a wonderful stitcher this morning Debbie Bryant.  If you want see some of her work, go to her blog, not sure if the family will take it down at some point, I hope not.  Somehow it keeps me connect with her to go and see what she had been working on, will miss her postings.

http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/p/wipocalypse-2012.html


This is her page listing her WIP's, it's an impressive list, one that would make any multi-project person proud.

Debbie participated in the Turtle Trott, WIPocalypse - where we connected, Cut Thru Monday SAL and many more stitching groups, as well as being part of our Southern Cal Stitching Group.

The angels have some stiff stitching competition now….and we have another angel to watch over our projects and help guide our needle as we go long.

Debbie I will miss your smile, your pride when you talk about your kids, your love of stitching and most of all, watching you put time on your Mystery Sampler that you absolutely hated to work on but did faithfully once a month with us.

SIP - Stitch in Peace and I'm sure we'll reconnect at some point.

Sandy

10 comments:

  1. Super sad day & tears. Loved all your words of comfort, humor and what a beautiful tribute for Debbie.
    She will be so missed by all of us stitching friends. Thank you Sandy! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandy, I am so sad to have lost our stitching friend. Beautiful post, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we've agreed when her family is ready to finish up some of her WIP's that the family would like to have done. Her mother already knows of one that is special for a family member. I belong to a great group of stitchings.

      Delete
  3. She'll be missed by so many - you wrote a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tribute to a special stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely memorial to Debbie. I can't believe she is gone. SIP Debbie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, stitching has enabled me to meet so many wonderful people as we've moved around over the last 20 years. I'm thankful for all of them and will carry a piece of them in my heart always.

      sandy

      Delete
  6. Life has prevented me from going to many of our local GTGs, and I missed out on meeting her in person. I have read her blog for quite awhile, and seen her posts. What a loss, so young. She will be so missed...what a lovely tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to make more meetings. We do have fun and it has helped me get some stuff done this year :)
      Sandy

      Delete