My Blog List

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Almost ready for January's new starts

I spent yesterday serging around my linen and making a list of missing floss.  While I had tons of DMC around the house, I tend to get new thread when I'm working on a large project.  I once ran into problems with the colors being slightly different from what I had started with when I ran out.  So to avoid that problem ever again I spend the money on new floss.  I also put each project in a 2 1/2 gal plastic baggie with the designer name, the design and the start date.  I wish I would have done this a long time ago.  Will be interesting to see how long it takes me to finish projects.

So here are my new starts for 2015 - I know what you are thinking…what about all of those projects you have listed on the side that don't have DONE next to them…and if you've followed my blog for any length of time, there were projects that were on my list for 2013 that didn't get finished.  So what in the world am I thinking?????  Well I'm not thinking, I'm just doing.  Some of them are small enough that I'm sure they will get finished, others will take me a while to finish, but this ok.  I haven't been a one at a time person in a long, long time.

Anyway, I'm participating in the Ultimate Crazy Challenge of 31 starts in 31 days.  Not going to actually start 31 new projects as that would take up my WIP/UFO list a little bit more than I would like, so I'm only going to start about 18 new and then fill in with my WIP.

Here are my projects 18 new starts, a little bit of everything.  I like to stitch with people in mind, but also like to know that I have something simple to do when I want to stitch, but really can't focus on anything too complicated.  There will be another stocking done in 2015, just haven't picked out which one yet and I am also going to start on L&L's Mother's Tree, but don't have the fabric yet.  Those will be added during the year not necessarily started in January.

The full moon will be here soon.  I will have an update on my stocking.  I'm hoping to have it almost done.

Sandy



















No comments:

Post a Comment