My Blog List

Thursday, July 2, 2015

The pressure is on…..2 full moons this month

This is the first of 2 full moons this month, which means the next one will be Blue Moon…which also happens to be the name of one of the best ice cream in the world!!  If you are in Milwaukee I'm sure Kopps will have it on their menu at the end of the month.  I was raised on Mooney's Blue Moon in Saginaw Michigan, that and Superman's Ice Cream was probably their best sellers, but my very favorite was Maple.

So what have I accomplished since the last full moon…..well not a lot of anything.  I started really strong, but then got into a funk and haven't stitched in weeks.  I'm planning on stitching tonight and all weekend if possible.  Hoping that hubby grills out, even hotdogs would be good, but his ribs are my favorite.  I just need to re-center myself and get the darn fairy done because I have several other projects I really want to start.

So before I post my lonely picture lets address the question for the month;

Topic: Reality or Fantasy. Which do you prefer to stitch? Figures or Abstract? (this question comes to us via Jo)

That is an interesting question because I'm not sure what you consider reality vs. fantasy - the fact that I've done several angels (and have several in my WIP pile) and I'm currently working on several fairies and mermaids and well as some Halloween projects is this really fantasy.   I believe in angels, witches and fairies…mermaids are a little stretch of the imagination.  When I think of fantasy I think dragons and goblins and trolls….other than a few dragons, those aren't really in my stash or to do list…so maybe reality?

I like primitive, but not sure if you'd consider that abstract or not.  Not into the fractional designs, love looking at them, but don't have any in my stash or any plans to start one.

So my lonely progress is on my August Peridot Fairy - she is getting close to being done.  I don't know why I don't have her done.  Usually by this time I'm a lady on a mission to get the project done, but just haven't been in the mood.  Time to shake the funk and get back into action.

 I do have almost all the dark gray in and have stared on the dark purple.  she will be my focus this long weekend.

I decided that I need to curve my spending, I have way more stash that I could ever hope to stitch, even if I only stitch the projects that are all ready to go.  So I joined another group - stitching from your stash.  You get $25/month to spend guilt free, and then you can earn money by finishing up projects or pages on bigger projects (need to read the fine print again LOL).  This started 7-1-2015 and will go through 12-31-2015.  So I did what any person does before they start a budget or a diet, I went a little bit wild to make sure I have enough stash to stitch from and I got the following:



   the first three are by Black Bird and are part of the Magical Tour = I really would like to do this all on one piece of fabric and then frame it with matting around each design - so it won't matter that they are different sizes.  In my mind I can see it.  There are 2 other charts, can't you see it with the Long & Winding Road in the middle?

The next charts were on sale for $1.00 each, so figured I had nothing to lose, although I love the nursery rhymes and want to do them on one piece of linen with the matting cut around each one.  Seems like I have one other one that I miss taking a picture of, oh well, when it's a WIP you'll see it.

  The bead kits were $3.00 for the large and $1.00 for the small, I'm hoping to take these home and work on one of the small one with my granddaughter this summer.

the last picture is some ribbon that I found at a quilt shop that was 1/2 off :)  I've been working on some Christmas stockings and I like to use the hand dyed ribbon on them, so now I have some choices.  I also have several band samplers by Victorian Sampler - the gazebo series.  I have Silk Wisteria done, and would like to add the Rose one, and I think there is a Sweet Pea as well, can't remember the names, but do have all the charts.  So this will come in handy with those as well.

Hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend, and get to spend time with family and friends.  Our family time will be later on this month, can't wait to see my kids, my parents and my siblings or some of them.

Happy stitching!!

Sandy


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful stitching she's my favorite fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new stash-- and The Long and Winding Road is so fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new stash-- and The Long and Winding Road is so fine!

    ReplyDelete