Last year I joined the CrazyChallenge 15 in 15 - and well I didn't make it, but I'm OK with that because I really joined the challenge to honor a friend who had passed away unexpectedly in 2014. I thought about re-joining this year's challenge which is16 new starts in 16. Then I thought do I really need 16 more WIP/UFOs in my stash? Then I decided I'd rather change it up a little bit and shoot for 16 finishes in 2016. So now I need to target what is on the top of my list :)
I've dividing up my list between
- Needlepoint/Counted Canvases
- Counted Cross Stitch
- Quilting projects
I will pick the projects that I want to do from each. This doesn't mean you won't see other starts (as many of the needlepoints are new starts) and maybe even other things will be finished.
We'll see how the year go and what inspires me on my trip around the sun. The blessing is I'll have one extra day this year to make my goals!!
So here is my wish list for 2016 and I'm hoping this blog will keep me on track:
- Emerald City (see picture)
- Dorothy (see picture)
- Wicked Witch of the East (see picture
- Flying Monkey
- Ruby Slippers
- The Wiz - NOT from Wizard of OZ -
Counted Cross Stitch
- August Fairy-Peridot (just needs the beads)
- Mermaid Letter D (just needs the beads)
- Mermaid Letter A
- In Memory of Jane (aka Multiplication table)
- Inspire Other (over one design)
- Either Peter's Patch or Angel's song
- Thimbleberry 2009 quilt (just needs to be assembled)
- Dr. Seuss Take 5 quilt ( just needs borders)
I will join the WIPocalypse again - that is where you post your progress with each full moon. I work better under pressure. http://measi.net/measiblog/ If I were more a geek I'd be able to figure out how to attach the button to my web-site. I'm hoping the local college offers the day long seminar on blogging again. I wanted to do it last year, but never was where it was offered, maybe this year.
So now back to a little stitching and a lot of binge watching on TV :) Love these long weekends.