My Blog List

Thursday, July 7, 2016

If I blogged as much as I think about it, I'd be writing every day

sometimes twice...

I think of things I'd like to blog about, but then time passes and I either forget (not uncommon once you pass that 50 + mile marker), or don't think it's relevant anymore.  I want to get better at this, I love reading everyone else and I'm always so disappointed when there aren't new posts, but yet I ignore my own.  Of course, I should spend less time reading blogs and more time stitching.

So my topic for this blog?   Celebrating the little things in life with co workers.

I don't talk about my work much, I do work for a wonderful company and love my job.  However I will admit there are times I don't like my job, but isn't that the way it is with any job?

I should say it's not really a job, but it's my career.   I'm a CPA by education and have always loved all things with numbers, they make sense to me, but that is a blog for another day.

One of things I like about my job is we are given some freedom to celebrate our victories and accomplishment.  We just got off one the more horrendous busy seasons I've experienced in a long time.  If it could go wrong it did, and often.  So now that the worse of it is past, we (me) decided we needed to take our group out for something fun, we had toyed around with miniature golf, but in the end since I was doing the planning I got to make the decision.  So we went to Color Me Mine - where you paint ceramics.  I wasn't sure how the group would react - we are 3 women and 3 men at our office.  We had 5 that were available that day, one person had taken a vacation day and couldn't change it, his loss.  Originally we were going to go directly there and then take the group out to lunch, but when I called to confirm I was told they weren't open until 11:00 AM, so we switched it up and took the group out for breakfast and then to paint.  I didn't tell them where we were going until after our breakfast.  I thought I'd hear moans and complaints, but instead everyone was excited about going.  At the end of our time they commended on how relaxing it was, and that they were enjoying themselves.  I think they really like that we sent them all home when we were done as a thank-you for their hard work.

So here are some of the un-fired pieces, hoping to pick them up this weekend :)  and will take pictures again before I give them out to the group.  I did the kitten and found that I paint in my head a lot better than I paint with a brush.  But then I stitch faster in my head than with my hands - my Mom always said my eyes were bigger than my stomach, I guess as you grow older the same concept continues on.....

 It fun to do something out of your wheel-house (what ever that means).  So go out and enjoy a different experience with some friends or co-workers.  Hopefully your bosses appreciate you as much as mine appreciates me and I appreciate my staff - they are awesome and always ready to help each other get the job done.   Love it when I can look forward to going to work, even when I know the day will be horrible.

Sandy






2 comments:

  1. They all turned out great! What a fun thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a list of blog topics in my bullet journal. Doesn't always mean I blog as often as I like, but when I do find the time, I have all those ideas written down in one place. (And I know what you mean about memory, since I'm almost there.)

    ReplyDelete