My Blog List

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Expanding my creative juices

I had a great time on vacation.  I drove from CA to KY to deliver my car to my daughter (she bought it from me).  And then spent a week with my girls (and one day with my son and his kids).  I took some stitching, but in all reality I didn't get a lot done, was having too much fun with the kids.  Took work too, but the gods were in my corner and provided us with lots of rain that interfered with our internet at home, soooooo wasn't able to get on-line.

This trip at my middle daughter's suggestion, we expanded our granddaughter's creative talents by going to Uptown Arts in Louisville, KY along with our own.  If you get an opportunity to go to one of the many different type classes I would recommend trying it out.  We had fun, the class was small, just 6 people in all and we painted cupcakes :)

The first one is mine, the second one is my youngest daughters.  Donna put her initials on hers (DM) and the last one is my middle daughter's.

You can see that while we all heard the same directions, we all had our own way of putting it together.  The teacher was really great and encouraged us to "color outside the lines" :)

I guess I should get back to stitching, it will be a while before I'll be venturing out with my girls again.

I hope you are all able to expand your creative juices and try something out of your "wheel house".  Whether it's ceramics, painting, or branching out into another form of stitching.  It is always fun to see what you can do when you put your mind to it.

Now it's back to reality and work tomorrow.  Need to find my traveling project and get it back into my bag I take to work every day.









1 comment: