My Blog List

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Another Finish

I am so happy that I have another finish this year.  I think this has been the most productive year in a while, well at least for needlepoint.  I still have lots of x-stitches that are begging to be finished.

 The tiger will go into a mirror for my daughter's purse.  I will look at getting them mounted this weekend.  The directions look simple enough.  Then I need to find the beaded tassels for their purses and hand sew the back to the front.  Once that is done, I will wrap them and ship them off to my daughter's for Christmas!!

For a change I pulled out my knitting and started on the second sock.  I love the blues and purples in this yarn.   I should have taken a picture of the finished sock, but will take do that another day.

What really sparked my knitting desire is guilt.  I decided to re-organize my stash in our "guest room", which had NO room for a guest.  Well as I was pulling stuff out of miscellaneous bags and putting it away, I realized I have so many skeins of sock yarn!!  I'm not talking 2 or 3, I'm talking probably 10 or better!!  We won't talk about the yarn for sweaters and such, or the roving for spinning, lets just focus on the sock yarn :).

My problem is I keep seeing yarn that I love (ohhhh you should see the mint green and brown I found) and getting just ONE skein, I mean surely I can get ONE pair of socks knitted.

Well if you buy just one skein enough times, you really have more than just one and if you aren't knitting the socks out of them, you get really close to hoarding.

I use to keep a started sock by my bedside, by my cross stitching chair, on my dresser (yea I know, nobody sits on their dresser and knits) and then one in my stitching bag.  Well Ms Kitty has decided she has a thing for yarn, it used to be my silk threads, but I guess I've gotten better about putting them away.

I have found socks that have lost their knitting needles (which are neatly beside them with their tips chewed off) and the yarn strung between our bedroom and the living room.  I know, she looks sweet, but there is a devil in her. Anyways, I found it necessary to put my socks away and out of sight, and you know - out of sight, out of mind.  Most of the started socks ended up being ripped out and re-wound on the skein.  So I will get this one done and then start another one, maybe the mint green :)

Happy stitching all!!

Sandy


3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the yarn stash. I had plenty and inherited my Grandma's stash recently too.

    ReplyDelete