My Blog List

Sunday, January 28, 2018

2018 WIPocalpse January Check-in

The question for this month's check is - What SAL's are you participating in this year?  and If you are participant in the Olympic Stitching Challenge, what challenge are you accepting?  What are your goals?

To be honest, I'm not participating in any SAL's other than this one.  I look at them and really think about them, but at the end of the day I know my stitching mojo can get funky and figure I would stress myself out more trying to keep up with something.  I really would love to do one of the Sampler SALs as in the last could of years I've had a real yearning to do an antique sampler.  Maybe one year I will, but for now I will just enjoy seeing the progress of others on the SAL sights.

I am going to take up an Olympic challenge "Endurance"- to pick one project and see how far I can get on it, however I really don't watch the Olympics.  I do like to watch the speed skaters, and the bobsled races, and some of the figure skating, love the pairs more than the individuals.  However, I won't be running home to see an event, or staying up late to catch it real time.  If one is showing and there isn't anything else that peeks my interest at the moment, I will watch it.

As indicated above, I think I will try to work on one project as much as possible to see what kind of progress I can make.    I have a couple of large angels that I really need to work on, as well as some other large projects.  So I think I'm going to choose one of them and work on it each day during the Olympics, even if it's only for a few minutes. I figure I can stitch one threaded needle worth of thread, that is just that much less to do later.

So the real question for me, what will be my BAP that I will pull out to work?

Here are my choices:
1. EarthDancer (for DD#3)
2. Peace Angel (for Granddaughter)
3. Family Tree (for DD#2)
4. Four Angel Mourning Sampler (for Me for DD#1)
5. Starry Nights (for me)

I know that none of the 1st 4 design would actually get completed in that short time period, but Starry Nights being a counted canvas tends to go faster and if I really applied myself, I could actually have a finish :)  So you can see my dilemma.

They are all fun to work on, and I enjoy them all, but none of them have received much love in 2017, so want 2018 to treat them a little bit better.

On the stitching front, not much to brag about, this past week I've not really stitched at all.  I've been reading on my lunch hour instead and enjoying the book.  Hoping to get back into stitching on my lunches again, I think it makes the afternoons easier to handle if I've calmed myself for an hour.

Happy stitching!!

Sandy






2 comments:

  1. I do see your dilemma Sandy! I'm zero help because I oohed over all of your BAP suggestions for the Olympic challenge. Good luck and I can't wait to see your progress on whichever one you choose. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty projects,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete