My Blog List

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Feeling Nostalgic

As I was thinking about writing this blog over the weekend I debated what I wanted to say.  I've been feeling a little lost lately, wondering what the next years will hold.  Hubby and I have a house in KY, but I think deep down he is longing to move back to our hometown in MI.  Which I would be OK with for a few years as my parents are still there and while they are in great health right now, they are getting older.   We are looking at a specific house near his brother's house, which is in a blue collar neighborhood, the houses are nice and well kept but small.  So we'll see if this comes to be or not, waiting to see if the family is going to sell it or not and if so what they want and what we'd need to do  to make it more cost efficient to own.

I've also been missing those little moments when our kids were young and our house was always so full of life.  While we had 4 kids of our own, we often had my sister's 2 kids and various other nieces and nephews on my hubby's side.  I miss our family meals, yes I was one of THOSE Mom's who believed we should all sit down together for dinner and share our day.  And NO the TV was not allowed to be on, and NO phone calls were allowed during dinner.  Would I be the same today?  You bet I would, how can you know what your kids are thinking if you don't talk to them?

Most of all I miss bedtime and reading the kids either out of the book we were reading at the moment or one of poems out of my Dad's favorite poem book 101 Poems.  There is a canvas with children's books and that is probably what has sparked my walk down memory lane.  I need to get that canvas and stitch it up, but then I look at all the projects I have going and realize I need to do what I have before I start to plan out more.  However, that canvas might just find it's way into my stash, and even if I don't stitch it for a couple of years, it will provide lots of good memories of times that I miss when life seemed so simple.  We never had much when the kids were young, and we surely don't have a large retirement saving nows, but we had fun and what I will lack in money in retirement, I will make up for in all the memories.

So what I been working on?  EarthDancer...it is for my youngest daughter and has been my Olympic Endurance challenge this month.





No comments:

Post a Comment