My Blog List

Sunday, May 13, 2018

I won't be out done by a WIP, soon to be UFO

As we last left our lady stitcher, she had banished Starry Night to the depth of the bin, not to be seen again, EVER.  OK that is a little harass, but was totally frustrated with it.

However it just kept nagging at me, taunting me, telling me I had been out done by a simple counted canvas.  That it had WON the battle of the wits and there was nothing left for me to do, but hang my head in shame.......because I had been beaten.

Well I decided that I had to figure it out, so I pulled it back out and compared the corners.
Both of the bottom corners have 4 peaks in light blue and one peak in dark blue.  The corners at the top have only 3 light blue peaks and 1 dark blue peak.

So I started to count the threads and low and behold, I should have done 38 long stitches and I had done 39!!  I know this doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is the section before where the \ / \ / near the corners.

So I corrected one of the two corners and put the silver in and it worked!!  I was able to get it corrected and promptly put it away.  Not going to take the chance of making another error today.

It can no longer mock me, I have won the battle and one day I will win the war, but not today.  Right now it's not fun to stitch, but it will be again soon.   I will take it out again in another week or so, and correct the other corner and then add the next section all the way around, but for now I'm enjoying my victory of finding my error.

The SB stocking has been calling my name, and I think it will start to get some attention, might find it's way into my work bag for my lunch project this summer.

Hope you all have a great Mother's day whether you are the mother, or able to spend it with your Mother.  My Mom is 3,000 miles away as are my children, but they called and send me a Starbucks gift card :)  I sent my Mom plants for her garden and a hanging basket.  Miss being near my family, and counting down the days to when I can retire and move home again.

On a happy note - Pluto had his moon added - poor guy had been taken down for a while, and the last time we were at the Observatory they had just hung it back up, this time they had the moon added.   And if your ego need a boost in your weight - you'll weight next to nothing on this planet LOL.



Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found your miscount on the WIP. We have to show our WIPs who's boss! It would be nice to be weightless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to get back to it so quickly and find your error. :)

    ReplyDelete