My Blog List

Sunday, May 27, 2018

WIPocalypse May check in

Dear Blogging World:

This past month hasn't been very productive, work continues to keep me business, that and continuing to care for hubby while he gets better from his knee replacement.  Hoping that June will better and that July will once again see me stitching a couple of times a week.  Until then I'll just need to settle for the short stitching burst.

So this month's question is :  Where do you love to shop for stash.

My favorite spot is called Stitch'nTime in Saginaw MI.  While I don't live in the area anymore, I always try to go when I'm home for a visit.  I started going to this shop probably 30 years ago when she was located in one room in an old house that was used to house several small businesses.  Colette expanded to two rooms, and then was pretty much the whole first floor.  At some point she relocated to the place she is now, which is a nice size shop that loaded to the rafters.   While the shop doesn't have an internet present, she does keep up with the latest charts and always has a great selection of linen and threads.    She does do phone order, but I enjoy going to the shop and catching up on wha is new.  Here is address and phone number:

7579 Gratiot Rd, Saginaw, MI 48609
(989) 781-5209
My favorite second shop is The Needle Nest in Shellyville KY, 

http://www.needlenestky.com

I found this shop when I moved to KY the second time.  What drew me to this shop was their open stitching on Thursday nights and being able to go on Saturdays and stitch and stitch with the owner and other stitchers.  Also about twice a year they would do a stitch-in, where we'd come on Saturday and stay until we were ready to go home - which sometimes was midnight or later :)  This shop has painted canvas as well as counted cross stitch, but doesn't have the thread selection as Stitch'nTime.  I try to go tot he shop each time I'm back in KY as well.

I have used internet shops, as seen in previous posts, but don't have any that I love more than another one.  When it comes right down to it I'm a touchy-feely kind of person, so love going to the shop and walking around where I can find those little gems that I didn't know I wanted.

OK what have I done since the last check in? 

First up is (I think) the last posted picture of PeliCan, I started this one a few years ago and it got put away because I lost interesting.  Not sure what prompted me to pull it back out again, I think I wanted something that didn't have any color changes and I could just kind of stitch without a lot of thinking.  So pulled it out from the bin in the closet and have worked on it a couple of times this past month.  I'm not even 1/2 done with the first page, it's slow going, over 2 on 40ct.
Then today I pulled back out my SB stocking and did a little bit of work on it as well.  The stocking is one I'd like to get done by the end of the year.  No babies in need, but I'm always hopeful.

The last project for May was ceramic night with my husband's niece/cousin (her mother and hubby were raised in a very close family when the lines were blurred between siblings and cousins), so she calls us aunty and uncle, which is great with me.  It was fun and while my projected didn't turn out as I had envisioned the monster bank, it was still fun to do. Hubby's  niece's project turned out pretty good, now to get it to her without breaking it.

Can't wait to see the progress of others.  Sandy







2 comments:

  1. Sometimes my old WIPs grab my attention too. The pottery pieces are so cute, especially the monster bank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are soon able to get in more stitchy time!

    ReplyDelete