My Blog List

Sunday, July 8, 2018

My majors back, but it's so darn hot this week that my hands are too sweaty to stitch.....

I know I shouldn't be complaining.  Our weather here in sunny cal and been fantastic compared to other parts of the US, well until this week. It's so darn hot, and while I would put on the AC and not turn it off until the temps are back in the 60's, hubby doesn't see it that way.  So I try to be reasonable and meeting him someplace in-between, but its sure does suck my mojo out.

I have been doing some stitching at work on my lunch hour, not as much as I would like, but some.  So my SB stocking is starting to take shape and I need to decide if I go up or down on it once I finish the small areas.  I started this one in the middle.

The frog did come and play in my pond this week, the one purple flower had been two. I managed to replace the one, but not the second one yet.  So the question, do I work my way up the stocking or do the motifs at the bottom?  I'm thinking working up and then expand my q-snaps for the wider part at the bottom.   But first the flowers need to completed.  I know being off 1 stitch would not have been noticeable at all, but it drove me crazy because the leaves and stems weren't living up right.

So in the evenings I'm been doing a little knitting.  The sweater has been getting the most love lately.  I'm close to having it done, so that feels really good.  I started it about 4 years ago for my youngest granddaughter, thinking surely size 2-4 would give me enough time to get it done.  However at some point I put it away and didn't bring it back out until recently.   I need to knit back of the arms now and then sew it together.  I'm going to put it away for a baby at some point.

My kids put a pool in at our house in KY, and they have been enjoying it this weekend, all the grandkids were together for a day of water, hot dogs, burgers and grilled veggies.

I'm glad that our kids are close and find time to spend with each other in their busy adult lives.

Then today my girls took my granddaughter painting.  We did this about a two years ago and did cupcakes, this time it was a panda bear.

Donna is my heartbeat.  I know you shouldn't have favorites, but from the day she was born we connected.  And while I love my other grandchildren, she keeps my heart beating each day.

Well time to get my bag ready to go to work in the morning.

Hope you all are staying cool, and there isn't a frog in your pond and your mojo is going full steam.

Sandy





No comments:

Post a Comment