My Blog List

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Stitching and Retail Therapy

What more could a girl want?

The Saturday stitching get together was quite a distance from when i live, so I decided to go to a local needlepoint shop and work on my Glenda.  The lady who works on Saturday is very talented and so generous with her time.  She had given me ideas and a stitch guide of sorts, which when she did it, it make lots of sense, but no so much when i got around to working on it.   Any who, I showed her what she had given me and asked her to help me remember what it was all about, which she did :)  So I have my Glenda well on her way of getting done.

I am beading the crown, the silver bubbles are proving to be a challenge as I don't like how it looks trying to cover them with the pink beads, so we'll see how using silver beads will work out.

The bubbles in the back ground are being done in an open stitch, the smaller ones in a t-stitch and the bigger ones will be a four corner stitch.

the hair I think will be a combination of bullions and french knots.

Not sure about the necklace, but I'm sure something will come to mind.

While at the shop I couldn't help by let my eyes wonder around the room.  The shop is a smaller shop so most of their canvases are from the current truck show.  Well this one had two canvases that I decided to bring home with me.

The teddy bear reminds me of the kind my sister makes.  He looks so cute. St. Francis of Assisi will be for my middle daughter.  We have a cement statue of him in our yard.

And of course, no retail therapy would be complete without a new needle reminder :

Today I decided to venture south of where I live to stitch with the ladies (one guy) from the San Diego area.  Well all those who were planning on coming pretty much backed out :( at the last minute, which I didn't know because I had to leave the house early (it's over an hour drive).  I think the one lady felt sorry for me, and showed up with her grandson and put some skeins of floss on holders, and after about an hour decided it was time to go home.  So not much stitching and then when I went to go home my car wouldn't start!!

Long story short - $200 and 6 hours later, my car and myself are home and wouldn't you know it, when the guy was going to push it back into the garage, it started!!!  UGH!!!  Very expensive and long day without much stitching at all.  Will think twice before i go south again, think I will stick to the areas closer to home going forward.

The car will be going to the dealership this week.  If it pulls that stunt again, at least I can take the bus to work, but being 70 miles from home didn't leave me a lot of options.

Sandy


1 comment:

  1. Bummer about your car. It usually happens that way, right? That's too bad about the group also. Look at those great canvasses though! Glenda will be beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete