My Blog List

Monday, September 24, 2018

I'm still alive

One of my hopes this year was to become a better blogger, or at least write more often, but it seems that I'm not doing a very good job.  I'd love to say that life is getting in the way with lots of fun things, but truth is life is getting in the way, but not in a very nice way :(  (frown face)  Work has been so hectic, but with two new people joining our group I'm hopeful things will bet better soon.

My sister-in-law passed away aa few weeks back.  For us this meant a trip back home to MI, and a side trip to KY to see family (our kids and grandkids).

While in KY I talked my middle daughter into going and painting ceramics with me.  I find it relaxing and you get to spend time just talking to each other while you paint.  She said she wasn't sure it as something she wanted to do, but ended up have a great time too.

My daughter did the hand - I just love the eye.  She will put this on her dresser and will be putting rings and bracelets on it.

I ventured out with a sugar skull.  Didn't turn out exactly like I had thought, but was lots of fun to do.  I experimented with some different kinds of paint, the paints they don't tell you about, you have to just look around and find them on your own.  I liked this place better than the one in our neighborhood here - they didn't limit you to 4 colors, but just said - the paints are over there, help yourself.

I'm trying to get back into stitching and still doing a little knitting on the side.  While on the flight back home (it takes about 5 hours of actual flying time), I knitted on the left over yarn from my little bumblebee baby hat.  I need to make a pompom for the top since I ran out of yarn before it was done.  I think it turns out pretty cute :)  I have one more to knit, which is Nemo, but I have to figure out what I did with the kit, it's around someplace.

Lastly, my meager work on one of my painted canvases.  I'd really like to get this one done before Christmas.  This will be the 3rd Wizard of Oz designs I've completed.  I have several more to go.

Hoping to have lots to show after this weekend - while I didn't sign up for the whole retreat this year our stitching group does, I did ask to attend for the day on Saturday, so need to figure out what to take.  When I go for the weekend, I take no less than 10-12 different projects.  I like to stitch a little bit on a lot of different things.  So only going for 1 day I need to trim that back to maybe 3 things.   There are actually people who just bring ONE thing to work on for the WHOLE weekend.  I'd probably get more done limiting myself to one or two projects at a time, but that just isn't my style.

Sandy
 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, sounds like you had fun with your daughter but my condolences on the passing of your DSIL. I just have to ask, you are allowed to take knitting needles on a domestic flight in the U.S.? I am surprised. Have fun on your retreat day.

    ReplyDelete