My Blog List

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Pre December "where am I now" check in

I can't believe we are already at the end of November - the turkey, which was a capon, has been deboned and is waiting left over meals.  The rest of the food has either been tossed or eaten.

This was basically a very relaxing holiday for me, we begged out of our only possible family event - figured my sister-in--law really didn't want to share taking her granddaughter to Disneyland for the first time with anyone else, I know I didn't when I took Donna.  So it was like having 3 Saturdays in a row!!  What more would you want?

The question this month is what New stitches or stitching techniques did you learn?  Well that is a very simple question - NONE   Unfortunately this year I wasn't very adventurous in my stitching.  I plan on correcting that failure next year by working a couple of canvases I have that came with stitch guides.  I'm hoping there will be new stitches to learn or techniques.

I did spend Thursday morning, Friday Morning and most of Saturday stitching away!!  Needed the time to get a few finishes this year!!  And to have something to show today.

So what did I finish?

First up is the owl, which I actually finished last month, but I put it in it's coin purse so I could take it home when I went to visit my parents.  It was for my Mom who stopped carrying a purse years ago.  I thought she would enjoy carrying it around with her cash in her pocket as it's not very large.  She loved the owl and all the sparkles, and then quickly put it away :(  Oh well, maybe one day she will re-discover it and decide to use it, along with the various bookmakers I've made for her.   Please don't get my wrong, she really appreciate it's, but doesn't want to damage it, so she doesn't use them.

I managed to get my little lady bugs done and will put it into another similar coin purse.  The lady bugs are for my granddaughter.  Her Mom loved lady bugs, so wanted her to know that while her Mom isn't here, she is always with her and loves her.

 The last finish is a small circle that will go into a purse for my youngest daughter.  I had ordered another canvas and purse for my middle daughter, but the shop hasn't called to say it's in and it's been close to 8 weeks now!!  I left them a message, I was hoping they would be open on Small business day Saturday, but they weren't.  So will need to wait until Tuesday for them to return my call.

On the WIP front I am working on the toe section on my SB stocking.  It won't be done before the end of the year, but I'm OK with that as the baby won't be here until July :)   Sorry for the sideways picture.

The last one is an oldie, but goodie from my WIP stash.  I didn't do much on him, filled in two sections of gray, which will be the background.  I will start taking this one to work with me after I'm done with my Glenda canvas, which didn't get any loving this month.

The Wiz has been calling my name and wanting to come out and play.  The crystal that goes on his staff has long since been lost - most likely someplace, just don't know where :(    I'm not happy with the owl, but not going to change it just yet, will work on it a little bit more before I decide if I need to ripppppppp or if it's OK.

I also worked on my Angel of Peace, but since its just more wing, didn't take a picture.  In my mind it looks exactly like it did last month.  I need to focus more on this, and will devote at last 4 hours a month on it.  Won't get it done fast, but it will get done.

Hope you are doing well and can't wait to see what everyone has accomplished the end of next month :)  I'm also looking forward to 2019 and already planning what I'll be working on, and what I hope to get done.

Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the pretty finishes Sandy. Love all the projects your working on. Nice progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coin purses are cute. I would feel the same way about putting my bigger stitched pillows out on the couch, they would get messed up. I'm sure my cats would pull out stitches so in my bedroom/craft room they stay. Your WIPs are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, the owl coin purse is adorable! I hope your Mom will use it, or least least display it? The other pieces will be sweet when finished too.
    Wow, the Wiz Santa looks fantastic! Hopefully you won't have to frog that owl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good explanation. Thanks for your article Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
    maxbet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am inspired by this story very much. Thanks for giving me hope about this.
    sagame66
    sagame77
    sagame88

    ReplyDelete