My Blog List

Sunday, March 3, 2019

I've been MIA

February was a blur for me, can't say it was because it was a short month, but more than that I was traveling for business and then traveling for fun.  I'm back now and packing up my stash for our pending move this summer.  We are moving back to where we began so long ago.

When I left MI I packed ALL of my x-sttitch in the car because I didn't trust having hubby move it for me.  In the car was 3 of my 4 kids, myself and 2 dogs, so that tells you how small my stash was at the time.  It consisted of DMC, Aida and Leisure Art Charts and NO WIP as I was a one-at-a timer back then.

Today's project was to pack up my threads.  Foolish person that I am, I thought I would be able to put them all in one box and be done with it.  So I started this morning putting all the threads away that had been stuffed in bags from WIPs that graduated to Finished projects.

Once that was done and the boxes were marked with the kind of thread I packed them into the moving box - which I thought would be a medium box, after all, it's just thread right?  However I soon decided it needed to be a large box.  So started to put my thread in the box until it was full, taped it up and then I turned around and saw that I still had more thread waiting to be packed

So I taped up another box and at the end of the day I had packed 3 moving boxes with Thread!!  I hate to admit, but I found 2 more boxes of thread under my table and still have my thread caddy with 5 boxes of threads to pack.  This also doesn't include the bin with WIP's which have thread included.

I'm not going to tell you about the boxes already packed with my charts (more than one) or the two bins that I will put wrap around to keep together with my Linen and the other bin with my canvases.  Or the boxes of my magazines since move here....no those are buried in the room of boxes now.  Needless to say, the stash that could be carried in car 27 years ago now needs its own moving van LOL.

Our house is smaller than our apartment on the main floor, but it does have a basement.  Hubby thinks that he is going to take over the basement, silly man, once I get B-dry in there and get walls around the toilet and shower that the previous owner installed.  I fully plan on claiming it as my she-cave and will put all of my stash in there along with my sewing machines and spinning wheel.  I plan on buying lots of neat storage things from Ikea, so my stash will graduate from plastic bins to cabinets.

I still need to organize my quiliting fabric and yarn and get that all packed up, but that is for another weekend.

Oh my vacation - went to New Orleans......it was fun to see the city, would have been more fun it it hadn't rained so much.  But the food was good.




3 comments:

  1. I have stash spread out between two rooms in my house so it would be a bit like your packing, turn around and find more of what I was packing sitting there! What would take up a lot of room are my WIPs, kitted projects in plastic scrapbook containers, finished Christmas ornaments in said plastic containers, etc. Ugh, I don't want to think about it! Oh I love New Orleans! My daughter and I went 3 years ago and did all the tourist things like eating beignets at Cafe du Monde. Being from arid Arizona, I had the hardest time with the humidity! At least the sun was out for us though. Good luck with packing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do that when we rented for a year, what a pain. Yes, I would say you definitely must have the basement, that will be fun to put together!
    Lucky you, you had beignets! I love visiting my brother there, it's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been packing to move also. I do needlework, crochet, and beading. I bought totes for most of my crafts as I am downsizing and don't know how long they will be packed up. Of just yarn, I have 6 totes! Beads are in 2 or 3 totes, and cross stitch/needlework supplies are in I don't know how many totes and boxes! I know I will have to go through it and get rid of some more, I'm not looking forward to that at all :-)
    I want to go to New Orleans so bad! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete