My Blog List

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Phase 2 of the move has been completed

I have divided this move into phases,  phase one was the initial shipment of stuff to our location :)  It was hard for us to load up the 2 containers ourselves, but the unloading was easy pease for us, not so much for my brother-in-laws.  I think we wore them out, but all of my stash has arrived safely and is currently waiting for me to come and unpack it.  There were a few other things that were my hubby that were sent, so he'll have a few things to unpack too.

Phase 2 was buying a new vehicle for me to drive to our new location.  While we liked the Juke we had, and it had low milage, it just wasn't going to a car for our adventure in our lives.  We will go from summer 24/7/365 to 4 seasons, including snow!!  Which it was snowing there today.....so really need that all wheel drive vehicle.

So on hubby's birthday I got this little beauty :)  Had thought about this for awhile and had gone out and test drove the vehicle several times.  We will get a trailer hitch put on it so if I ended up taking the last of our stuff via a u-haul I will have the ability.

Meanwhile, hubby had a say good bye to his beloved car.  Don't worry his truck with 4 wheel drive is waiting for him, so he will have his own wheels again.

We are on to phase 3 and 4 - 3 is shipping hopefully the final container home and 4 will be shipping hubby off home and my daughter coming out here to drive with me and Ms. Kitty.  We have not broken the news to Ms. Kitty yet, but given her bed (she slept in the queen size in our guest room) is gone, she might have a clue.

Once this move is done, I hope to get myself all set up and ready to do some serious stitching, I have a stocking to get ready for my great-niece.  I also really want to work on some of my bigger projects, I have 2 angels that need to be completed and a Family Tree that I really want to get done.  Also some smaller projects that are just fun to stitch.

Hope you are doing a little stitching for me, this has been the longest that I've done without stitching, I really need to get out and do something soon.

Sandy


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I would go crazy if I had to go without stitching for a month! Do you plan to change your blog name! Good luck with the rest of the packing and the actual drive.

    ReplyDelete