My Blog List

Saturday, July 13, 2019

What month is it?

Last time I posted it was April and we were busy backing stuff up for our move across country.  Well we moved, I drove my new car with my daughter towing a trailer with the last of the stuff that we just couldn't get in the last container that went.  It was a terrible drive, mother nature made it rain, snow, ice and wind storms and that seemed like the first hour on the road!!  Actually that was in the first 2 days on the road, but once we were over the Rockies the weather settled down somewhat and the drive was a little bit better.

So that was all back in  May and here it is July already, can't believe we are half way through July!!

In June one of my staff quit, the one that was in the midst of getting reports out the door, he got  about 1/2 of them done before he left, so I guess I should be happy for that much.  The day after he quit, my boss quit!!  And while I wasn't happy when they hired him, he was the devil that I knew and I'd come to terms with him.  So now my employer is looking for another person who has no clue what I do to be my boss and tell me what I should be doing.   I just keep looking at my retirement count down and wonder if I will actually make it my retirement date, or if I will retire early and call it quits.  Which today is one of those days when that option is looking pretty darn good.

No stitching on the home front, most of my stitching stuff is still packed up.  My working hours have been crazy, and then I'm too exhausted to do much of anything else.  But today I did get out my floor frame and put them back together!!  I also set up two shelving units and put some stuff on them and a 3rd one has some of my threads outs.  I have two more big boxes of threads that I need to unpack and once I do, then I will be able to see the small room the I'm using to store my stuff in.

I did find my teddy bears and unpacked them and have them sitting on my shelf.  I think I'm still missing some as the shelve was full in our old place and only half full here.  So need to see if I have them in another box and just haven't fund them yet.

I'm hoping to get back into stitching very soon, I need the mental relaxation and stress relief as working from home I don't get much alone time.  Hubby will come and sit by my desk and want a conversation and while we have set up boundaries he says that he is lonely and just needs to talk to someone once in a while.  I'm like - you live next door to your brother now, go and talk to him!!  Oh well, we'll figure it out.  If not I always have my coffee to perk up my spirits.

Sandy


3 comments:

  1. A little drop of Patron will do ya! Sounds like rough going at work. Hopefully things will iron out soon. Yes, the year is going by rapidly. I wish it would slow down. Sometimes I think we've got so many irons in the fire that we don't take the time to live in the moment! I am bad that way. So I'm hoping to stitch! Hopefully you'll be able to soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are amazingly busy. Sorry that work is being a pain, roll on retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a little busy! I hope things improve for you with work, and working uninterrupted.
    Hmmm, I might have to try your kind of coffee!

    ReplyDelete