My Blog List

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

It's Wednesday before the last Sunday - I'm in-between time but will post as my WIPocalypse

I think I am coming out of my stitching funk, or at least I'm trying to get out of my funk.  I did manage a little stitching this week, but that has been the extent of it for the month.

I did a little bit of the background on the Wizard.  I still need to finish up the owl on his shoulder and the cuffs on his jacket and finish up the scarf that is kind of flowing around him.  And the list of things goes on, as much as he looks close to being complete, there is still a lot to do.  I would love to really get this one done before the end of the year so I can cross it off my WIP list :)

The second is a stocking for a new grandniece.  This will be her first Christmas, so I need to hurry up and get it done.  All the tis left is the top row and the name, then i will sew on the embellishments and finish it into a stocking.  If I focus, this can be done in a long weekend :), maybe Labor Day weekend is that weekend, if not there is always Thanksgiving.

This month's question is what do you have on your stitching bucket list?

That is an easy question with a complex response :)

On my WIP list I want to get done 3 angels that I've started - Ice Angle, Peace Angel, Spirit Dancer and my Mourning Angels Sampler

 These are all special to me as they are specially for someone or for myself.  you can see that I had different thoughts about where to start them.  So I am not someone who has to start in any one spot.

There are other WIPs that I would like to get done as well, but these are the most important at this time.   I will put together my list of projects to work on next year and really try to focus on them.  I've missed stitching this year, but just can't seem to get back in the groove.

As far as other stitching bucket list items, I have several canvases that I want to finish up - the Wizard above being one, but others I have not started yet.  I have my Friends, which reminds me of Where the Wild Things are, and the Children's Bookshelf, both of these have been posted here before, so won't re-post.    And course I have all of my designs from the Wizard of Ozs.

My quilting bucket list consists of about 4 quilts that I want to get done - two of them i have all of the squares sewn and just need to assemble them.  Then I have one quilt called Petticoats and something, can't remember now and then I have some smaller quilts for twin beds - Dr. Seuss, one just needs the borders attached and the other hasn't been started.  I need to get a new cutting table set up and then I'll be on a roll with quilting.  I love the traditional quilts, I love doing the geometric designs, must be the love of math in me ;)

I have lots of teddy bears the I can make - some kits some just material.  I have one that is all sewn together and I have started to stuff it, just need to put the head, arms and legs on the body.  Maybe I can get my sister to come for a long weekend and we can work on them together.

I am working on my she-cave in the basement of our small house.  My brother-in-law started to put the flooring down.  I want to do small sections at a time where I can then set up different work stations to so speak.  the first will be my sewing area, the second is my actual work station and last will be my stitching area.  Until that is finished I am making a small area in my living room, I have my chair set up and my light up, now I need to get my music stand set up so I have some place to put my charts while I stitch.

This year won't be historical for finishes, but it has been a year full of changes, some good, some not so good and some still to come.  I guess that is what makes it life so I will go with the flow and try not to stress out about what I can't control and enjoy the things I can.








1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting back to stitching! And these are some lovely designs. I am little bit jealous of your stitchy cave.

    ReplyDelete