My Blog List

Saturday, December 7, 2019

As I go through December....

My mind wonders to the new year.  I've decided I really need to get myself in gear and get back to stitching.  I feel so much better when I'm stitching than when I'm not, so don't know why I haven't gotten into it more.  But there are several projects calling my name...I can hear them so these are some of the ones that I think I will focus on ion 2020.

I want to get the Song of the Seasons done.  I'm on part 2.  it is a fun stitch and I'm enjoying it when I pick it up (and WHEN seems to be the stickler).

Peace Angel - once I get the wings down, then I can complain about all of the yellow in the dress LOL.  I really love this angel and she has been on my wish list to finish for years.  This is for Arwen who will be 6 in 2020, so it's time to get it done.

For my parent's 50's anniversary we did a quilt for their bed.  This is one of the squares I did - it's a music chair.  I need to find the chart and re-do it and then hand sew it back on the quilt.   Not sure why this one ripped the other squares that have x-stitch are OK.

My multiplication chart - I am a math person, not geeky math or complex math, I'm an accountant by trade :)  this is my second chart like this - so I want to get it done and framed.  My daughter has one in her class and the kids love it.  This one will be for me at home.

 Another L&L - SpiritDancer - Haven't touched this one for a long time, she needs some love this year.  This for my youngest daughter, so it's time to get it done.  I might need to do a little gridding so I can work on the dress more.  There is lot of beading on it as well.  I like doing the reading at the end, so need to figure out how to mark it so I can tell where to stitch and not get it messed up.

The last one is PeliCan.  I've loved this one since I first saw it at a x-stitch show years ago.  It's one 40ct, but does stitch up well.  I like using one color at times, it makes stitching nice since I don't have to change colors.  But it can be boring at time.

 So this is what I've pulled out of my pictures for 2020, but I know there is one more that I'd like to do, it's a Family Tree and I just have the corner started on it.  Maybe I'll take a picture when I pull it out to work on.

Well time to think about getting what needs to be done for December done.

Sandy




1 comment:

  1. I like all the WIPs you'll be working on. Every time I see Song of the Seasons, I feel the need to put in more stitches on mine. I'm at the 2nd part too. Have a nice few weeks before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete