My Blog List

Sunday, December 29, 2019

The year is ending, and time to turn the page to a new chapter

It's time to fess up on what I've accomplished or maybe didn't accomplished over the past year with WIPocalypse.   Go here to read all about it, and maybe join 2020's group.http://search00949361-a.akamaihd.net/t?_pg=EB8F682A-96E2-5507-BA72-16ADAF58D665

the end of the year we are supposed to show the before and after pictures of what we've managed to do during the year.  So here are mine.

This year has been a difficult year for me.  Work hasn't been what I would have liked, I was offered  a chance to work remotely from "home", which should have been a good thing.  I love moving home, love working remotely, but don't like being excluded from things at work.  It's hard to work for people who don't know what you do or what you need to get it done, and keep adding more people to tell you how to do what they don't know.  Anyways, it put me in a funk and I really didn't do a lot of stitching.  But that will change with the new year.  I'm going to embrace my new working situation and enjoy not being in office politics, and not worry about what they don't tell me.  If I don't know, I can't be held responsible...right?

So did I actually get anything done?  Yes I did, but not as much as I would like liked to have gotten done.

Angel of Peace by L&L.  This is for my granddaughter, who will be 6 in February, so this one needs to get done.  Here is where I was at the start of the year and where I am now - I'm maybe a few rows more, but not much.  The wings are not exciting to work on, so hoping it will be more fun once I get to the face and dress.




SB stocking - can't remember which one.

The stocking was for Grand Niece - I actually started it when I found out my niece was expecting, so had a lot done in 2018 and then finish-finished it in 2019 and it was mailed in time to hung from the mantel with care, next to her sister's stocking.  I have one more kitted up and just got fabric to do 4 more.  Will work on another one this year and put it in the wings for future grands.



Song of the Seasons

Not a lot of work, but a few stitches is better than no stitches.  I would like to get this one finished in 2020






At the beginning of the year I showed off a sock that I had started, well didn't finish my sock, not much more done than when I started this year, so not going to do pictures.  Also had a knitted hat that I started, which is almost done, but no current pictures, might pull that out and get it finished tonight :)  I'm decreasing at the top.

And then these were starts this year - the hippo, Indian and Bee Fairy were canvases from my stash - they were all given to people for Christmas and appreciated.

I didn't get the last canvas done for my granddaughter, just ran out of time.  So it will be held until the next time I get to see her,  I will get it done since there isn't a lot to be done, it's only a 3" circle.

I'm hoping that 2020 will be a better year.  I have the itch to stitch and have picked out my January 1st start :)  I need to find the linen and pull threads tomorrow and get it kitted up.  If I don't, I have 2 others all kitted and ready to go, so no lack of things to stitch.   My goal in 2020 is to get at least one big project done, and maybe a few smaller ones.

Not sure if I'll join any SAL's other than continue with WIPocalypse.  I am still trying to get a group of people together to stitch, until then I will continue with the small group in MI that meets once a month and try to get to the stitching groups in KY.  I need motivation some days.

Sandy




1 comment:

  1. Angel of Peace is going to be beautiful on that fabric! It looks dark green charcoal. SB has the best angels and that's great you got the stocking to the recipient on time! I have a January start planned out too. Can't wait! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete