My Blog List

Sunday, January 26, 2020

1st Post of the year for WIPocalypse

This is the last Sunday of the Month and time for the first posting for WIPocalypse, which is a SAL to help us finish up our, or at least mine, never ending list of projects that have been started, but languish in the dark recesses of my storage bins.

If you would like to see more - you can go here and see what others have accomplished Measi's WIPoclypse  I was so happy to find this blog and have been participating for several years, actually this is my 7th year.  So you'd think by now I would be out of WIP's, but read on, and you'll see the reason I'm not, so says the serial started.

So the question this month - what SAL do you participate in 2020?  For me this is really the only one, however see my new start, I guess my LNS is doing SAL's too and I joined to meet new people more than to participate in the project itself.

I really don't want the pressure to keep up with something that releases a new section every month or requires me to stitch so much per month.  I have two epic failures on that front:   One is the ANG's stitch of the month from 2010 - I started out strong, but faded really fast.

The other one is Queen Elizabeth I, which I really do like the design, but got to the collar and got scared and just stopped.   I'm sure I could get it done, or do something else on it, but there have been so many new shiny objects in my life since.  Thankfully I printed off all of the directions for both of these, so at some point I can go and finish them.

Given this I have decided monthly stitch- a-longs probably aren't something I should do, at least not ones that actually want you to work on a specific project.

So what have I done this month?  Well I had two new starts......I needed something to get me rolling on this new year,  BEGIN was my New Year's Day start.  I'm a little bit farther than this picture, but didn't want to take the q-snaps off to take a new picture.  I totally missed putting the little red bird on the 3rd tree, so will do that later.   I had a frog that took up residency at my house for several days - can't tell you how many times I stitched the B, not to mention re-doing the c because the B was and the 'a' which is what initially made the B off.  Happy to have that done, and hopefully the frog has gone on to a new home now and things will go better as he visited more than just this project this month.


My second new start is from a group I joined at the LNS, they are doing the Lucky 13 as a stitch along (ok I guess I'm participating in this).  Everyone is way ahead of me, I think they have the first row finished now and some have the words in the middle done as well while  I'm still on #1. I love Halloween designs, so this one will be fun, will buy the threads as I go along, or see if I have them in my stash.  Not sure what their next project will be, so I better get this one done, last meeting they were picking out buttons for various motifs as added whims.  I will wait until I get to that point, not sure I want to put any additional money into this beyond the threads and the charts themselves.

This month I also worked on the following:

SB - Peter's Patch, which is now in time-out, I'm off, so need to pull out the last section I worked on and re-do it with a magnifier because I can't see the threads!!  It's the lower right corner that is off and I'm down to my last thread of creme silk thread - so hoping I can finish it, if not I'll get a new skein, I'm sure there will be other things I will use it on, so not too worried.

I also got some stitching done on my canvas for my granddaughter's purse mirror.  I'm down to basically the back ground now, so should go pretty fast.  This is my mindless stitching project since it's just basket weave.  Not sure if I'll put beads in where the white dots are, or if I'll do french knots.  That is something that will be decided when I get to that point.  I need to get this one done in the next week so I can start on my sister's small canvas for her birthday in March - it will be small and should go fast too.  I have the threads pulled and will put it on stretcher bars soon.

So these are my projects for the start of 2020, I hope to keep the momentum going and actually have some finishes this year!!  I will be pulling out some of my bigger projects soon to work on.

Sandy











2 comments: