My Blog List

Sunday, March 29, 2020

March - Hunkering down

I have to say this has been one heck of a month and life as we knew it has changed, regardless where you are, we are all in this together.

This is the monthly check in for our WIPocalypse, where we work on the projects we'd like to get finished before the world comes to an end, and boy do I have a lot to get done!!  So world, lets not end, I have way too much and I'm constantly planning more!!  I started to pull stuff or yet a 3rd start that I have planned this year - a new chart, but more about that next month :)  Something to look forward to doing!!

Measi is our wonderful host for this party.  She lets us link up our blogs to her's every month so you can see what everyone is doing with just one click.  I'm not a techie, so I'm always amazed at people who can figure this all out.  If you'd like to see what others are doing go here  - or if you are on FaceBook, you can join the group there too.

http://measi.net/measiblog/


So the question this month:

Topic: Have you ever adopted a piece from someone else or gave up a piece to someone else? Which piece and why?

This is a great question.  Many, many years ago I was struggling with a picture that I totally loved, but I just couldn't do all the confetti stitches, they were driving me nuts.  My friend offered to do them for me and I took her up on it.  I got a lot of flack from other stitches for actually having someone else finish my project, but I don't regret it at all.  I was hoping I had a before picture of what I had actually done, but I guess I didn't take one.  That was back in the day when I wasn't taking pictures.  So you'll have to take my work when I say I had the men and the boy pretty much done, it was the water that was driving me nuts.  I love this picture and it hangs in my house all the time.  It's called the Baptism by Green Apple.

March started off well and for the first week or so I stitched every day, and more than one stitch on most days, but then I  totally fell off track.  I did manage to get my sister's birthday present done, but as all things, the big birthday party for her and my Mom was canceled.  We have postponed it until this summer.  Here is it, like how it turned out, hope she does too.  I still need to sew the bookmarked together, found the thread just need to put it on my sewing machine and sew.

I also worked on a few other things this month.

Not much accomplished on The Wiz - just a little more background.  This is my mindless work - just basketweave.

Then I started the 2nd chart on my Lucky 13 - the ghost.  Since it is almost all white, it's kind of boring to work on, but will pull it back out this month to work on it some more.  Almost time to move the q-snap, so that will be my April goal.

While in KY I was able to go to one of the G2G.  It was before their lock down order.

I worked on my Song of the Seasons.  The middle section of Part 2 is almost done.  I really like working on this one.   Will need to pull it out again in April and work on it, maybe I can get it done!!  OK not the whole things, but the middle section of the middle section.

Last WIP I worked on was my 2020 start - BEGIN.  I like working with this more because I can stitch for a few hours and feel like I've accomplished something, like a tree or a letter.  Will be focusing on the trees in April so I can move the q-snaps again.

I did a little sewing this month too.  My daughter works in a local hospital as an in-take person.  Since she is not nursing, they don't deem her position as essential and with the shortage of supplies, she is not given face masks at this point.  So while they try to do social distancing, it's not always possible.  So she asked sister and I to sew her some masks.  They aren't the best solution, but better than nothing.  I will be sending off mine to her tomorrow in the mail.  My sister send some yesterday, so she will have them on Tuesday.  Not the best job, but I'm getting the hang of it.  And while sewing I did my Dad's Snoopy pillowcases and finished up the rest that weren't done before Christmas.

Hope you are staying safe and hunkering down with your stitching.









2 comments:

  1. Glad to see all your progress photos. Hope your daughter stays wll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stitchings, well done with the masks, love all the fabric patterns. xxx

    ReplyDelete