My Blog List

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Last Sunday of June

its the last Sunday of June and time to check in with WIPocalypse.  I missed May's check in because I had left my connection cord I used to download my pictures on my computer in MI and I was in KY.

So if you want to see what other stitches are doing go here:  http://measi.net/measiblog/2020/06/28/june-2020-wipocalypse-check-in/#more-7384

So this months question is do give a re-cap of how you are doing and are you achieving your goals for the year?

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............not doing well on my goals at all, some of them I haven't touched at all, but I have to admit I have finished one of them :)  And found a frog that has been laughing at me for a few years, just waiting for me to find my HUGE mistake.

So I'm going to start with my finishes from the last 2 months:


 BEGIN by Bent Creek is done - I loved this one, it stitched up so fast and I really enjoyed it.  I have it at the framers and hoping to get it done by the first of August so I can have my granddaughter paint on the matting around it.  This was my January 1 start, so I'm happy it was also a finish and not another WIP.

Next finish was from last weekend.  It's my Song of the Season by Little House of Needlework.  It was a 3 Part mystery, but I got it when all the parts were out and the mystery was over.  I've been burned on mysteries before, so I don't get them until I know I like them and will stitch.  There are a few "creative" moments in this, but nothing too bad.  I will take this to the framer this week as well.  One of the problems with moving is having to find a new framer.  I sure do miss the one I went to in CA.

Last up is from Lucky 13, can't remember the designer.  This one is a SAL at my local shop, that with the stay at home orders has pretty well gone defunk   The shop is very small and when we would get together for the monthly stitch-in, it was in a very crowded part of the shop.  Fortunately there were only 4 or 5 of us that would show up, so we were able to still around the small table and a folding table.  I am enjoying this more than I thought I would.  I have 3 of the 12 done and I'm doing the words between the first row and the second row of motifs as I go.

June was supposed to be a stitching challenge of stitching every day, even if it was just one stitch.  Well the month started out pretty good, but I faded fast when my daughter dame for a visit.   But as you can see I did get some stitching done.

I started on the next motif on Lucky 13 Frankenstien.  I have more done than this, but didn't get an updated picture yet.  Most of the head is done, and I think I have a lot of the jacket done also.  After this one I think is the Mummy which should be fun, but I think more color changes.

Next up is my Sample of a Multiplication table.  The first picture was where it was when I started, the second picture is where I am now.  Yes I'm taking the table out, it was supposed to be 12 stitches wide and I made it 13.  I know that wouldn't have been bad, but with 12 across, that is one whole set of boxes off.  So I'm unstitching it - this is the project that has been laugh at me for a few years now.  I did the square boxes first as that was the middle.  So I'm sure there will be other compensating now, but we'll work it out.  Also goofed on the small stems up the left side, they are supposed to be 4 stitch long and I made them all 3.  So will need to go and add one more stitch to them.

Next up is my Mourning Angel's Sampler.  I was doing it on 40 ct., but the face of the angel is over one, and I had it all messed up.  So I got new material that was 28 ct. and started it over.  I'm a little bit father along than the picture shows. I started to outline the angel's wings but found my stitching is off, so will need to figure it out before I do anything more.  It's in time out again, but will come out for some loving as I really want to get this one done.

Last picture if my Fall Quaker by Rosewood Manor.  I decided to give it a little loving this month.  There is a lot of thread changes that have to be done, and I discovered that the tip of the arrow is the wrong color.  But not going back and changing.  I'm OK with the colors.  I want to start the Winter Quaker, but need to get if not all of this one done, enough of it done that I don't feel back about adding another WIP to my bags/bins this year.

I have also been working on a needlepoint belt, but no pictures.  It works out well for calls that I have to be on, but don't need to pay 100% attention.  Maybe next month I'll take a picture and show.

I also started another house on my Family Tree - but alas no picture.  I will take a picture of it for next month, maybe it will be a finish by then.

I will take up the stitching challenge again in July to try to stitch everyday.  I also plan on doing the zoom stitching with my group from CA.  I've done that a couple of time now and enjoy it, not as much as actually stitching with them, but more than stitching by myself.

Hope you are all having a great month and a better July.  I can't believe it's July soon, looking forward to another 3 day weekend :)

Sandy








2 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you've been very busy:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful finishes, I look forward to seeing them framed.
    Your Lucky 13 looks like a fun one, it looks good so far. Nice progress on your other wips, in spite of the changes.

    ReplyDelete