My Blog List

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Can't believe another month has zipped by, where was I?

And so it's time to check in with Mesi's WIPocalypse, where we hope to finish our projects before the end of time.  I must admit I'm doing a very poor job of getting WIP's to Finishes, and I'm always temped with new starts.  I am proud of myself for not submitting to temptation..... lately, but I'm getting weak in the knees and have put aside 3 possibilities.

If you would like to see what others are doing, go to this blog and check them out.

http://measi.net/measiblog/

This month's questions - Tell us what your ideal Stitching retreat would include.  I'm happy to say I've been on a couple of them now and here are the musts for me:
1. Room well lit with PLENTY of room to spread out
2. Unlimited stitching time in said room
3. Someone else preparing meals and me just having to go and sit down and eat, not dishes either :)
4. Clean room, ideally with a TV, but have learned to live without and again good lights in the room if possible.
5. Lots of like minded stitchers who have brought they wonderful projects to work on.

I don't need retail therapy time, I can get into enough trouble by myself, don't need temptation brought to my doorstep.

I opted out of this year's retreat, I wasn't sure if I'd still be in the area.  I've been wanting to work remotely, i.e. from my home in KY.  As that has not happened, I might just opt to go for the day and have lunch with the ladies.

So what have I don't since the last check in?

I actually have a finish!!  The Ruby Slippers are done, just need to actually finish them into an ornament now.  I love the sequins, they add a glitter them that I wouldn't have gotten with just thread.

I pulled out Glenda to work on after I finished the slippers.  I have her face done, and now needs to start on the dress and hair.  I need to find the threads for her hair, thinking of doing bullion stitches which I will curl around.

I decided to pull out an oldie but good to work on a little bit this month.  It's the Angel of Peace for my youngest granddaughter.  I feel bad that I've not been working on this one more, and that it's been in the depth of the footstool storage area for way too long.  (OK, this is all I've gotten done in 4 years)  So it's gotten some loving, not a lot, but progress is progress and I have some.

The wings just seem to go on and on and on, but I'm sure this is more of my imagination that reality.  If I keep working on them, I will get to the point that I can do her face, and then start on her dress.  I really do love this angel and this one was my pick, so not sure why I've been procrastinating so much.  I intend to correct that error of my ways and make real progress on it this year.

Last thing I've worked on this month is the SB Stocking, Anna.  Not sure who will get this one, I'm just trying to get a few ready to go.  Also, I have 3 kitted up, this one is #2 of the 3, and it is fun to stitch.  So here it is, looking like an angel, just need to get her wings on :)

Since list month, my hubby's second cousin (aka niece) came for a weeks visit.  I played hooky with her and we spent the day at Disneyland.  We also did an evening of ceramics which was fun and walked along the ocean so she could dip her toes in the waves.  Also took a long weekend to spend time with family while my nephew graduated from high school.

I'm hoping to get back into stitching on my lunch hours and being able to meet with the ladies one or two times a month for a day of stitching.  If all that happens then will have another finish soon.  Who knows I might end this year with fewer WIPs than I started with, wouldn't that be great?

Sandy




2 comments:

  1. Great progress made last month...well done on your lovely finish. Very glitzy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete