My Blog List

Sunday, July 1, 2018

A little retail therapy

Where I work, we are extremely busy from February to May, and it often flows into June.  This year, it's also flowing into July due to a re-assignment of duties.

As a result I cancelled my trip home, which was scheduled sooner than normal this year. That was the only time I could make it all work, but as it turned out it didn't work at all.  Anyway, worked recognized this and gave me a gift card.  The gesture was very nice, but it also made me realized that they really haven't taken time to know me and as a result the gift card was for a yarn store.  Like I say the gesture is wonderful, and I am thankful, but would have rather it was to a cross stitch/needlepoint shop or quilt store.

Now I do knit, so it wasn't totally off the mark.  I don't knit all that often, but I have lots of projects going, not as many as I do with x-stitch or needlepoint, but a few.

I mostly like to knit  socks, but on occasions I branch out to a sweater or a hat.  However to be honest, I love doing the socks because I just make plain old knitted socks, not fancy stitching, just knit them in the round.  I find it relaxing and used to have one going in the living room, in my bedroom and one in my work bag.  That all ended when Ms. Kitty decided she liked yarn and knitting needles.  The ball of pink yarn had been an almost completed sock at one point for granddaughter  Now it's just a ball of yarn, mostly because she has decided she doesn't like pink all that much anymore.

 So I took my gift certificate and spent it all in one swoop, I got mostly yarn for knitting socks, some will be for babies and others for adults.  I also got 2 kits for children's hats and a new bag to hold all.

The solid color yarn is for the baby socks that I think are so darn cute.  I posted the booklet I got awhile back.  The exciting side is that the yard is "chunky", and you use size 4 needles, so the socks themselves should go fast.  Then you make them into various things, like a pig face, bunny, bumble bee, etc.

The bee and Nemo  you can see in the bag are children's hats, they knit up very fast.

If you look really close you can see the black sock yarn I got.  My middle daughter wears a lot of black, so these are perfect for her.  And the last picture is my new bag.  It's more of a small duffle bag, but I loved the purple colors and it zips, so Ms. Kitty can't get into it.

While I love stitching, at night when I get home I just don't feel like pulling out my stitching.  I would love to be to leave it out, but said cat would get into it (she has a fetish for silk thread, but isn't beyond taking DMC if nothing else is available).  So I think if I just knit a little bit, even a few rounds I will get the stress relieve I need.

I am taking my stitching to work again, and making myself take a full hour for lunch so I can stitch.  Will post an update of what I've been working on soon.  No finishes yet, but enjoying the time.  Also going to go to Starbucks either one Saturday or Sunday to stitch out on their patio while watching Netflix.  I think my mojo has been found and I'm excited about current relationship.

Sandy









1 comment:

  1. It's always nice when mojo has been found or when it finds you! I'm intrigued with knitting but not enough to learn. So I'll follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete