My Blog List

Sunday, September 30, 2018

WIPocalypse check in Sunday

Is anyone else still looking for Summer let alone September?  This year is just flying by and I'm not sure its taking me with it, or leaving me behind.  At any rate, tomorrow is October and my work life is getting ready to get extremely busy again.

This month's questions is how to your organize you stash?  Well I'm not as organized as I used to be when I actually had my own craft room.   However I do try to keep myself semi organized.  My WIPs are kept either on the couch within easy reach, but also in my footstool and a bin in our guest room.   My charts that live with me (and they are some that don't), are kept on a bookshelf with my quilting books and stitching books and some of my threads.   And then the rest of my stash is tucked neatly in the guest closet (thank goodness I'm not a clothes hound), and under the bed (which is up on risers).

Then I keep track of my canvases and charts in an excel spreadsheet, so I know what I have, just not always where I have it.

This weekend was our annual stitching retreat for the Southern CA Stitchers.  The first 2 years of retreat I went for the whole weekend and so enjoyed myself.  This year I wasn't sure how my job was going to go and decided not to commit for the whole weekend, which I would have, but there weren't any room available.  So I went for the day on Saturday and managed to get about 9 hrs of stitching time, OK didn't actually stitch for 9 hours, but I could have if I hadn't spent time seeing what others were doing and catching up with people.

So here is what I've been working on, not a lot of progress but some.... I managed to get more of the balloons done and more of the crown, but not sure I like the crown, so we'll see.  I tried doing hair last week, but ended up taking it out, didn't like how it looked.  Need to re-think what I'm going to do.  She is fun to work on.

My SB stocking got a few minutes of time, but I can't remember for sure if that was after last check in or not.  She needs to get more loving over the next month.

EarthDancer got some lovings yesterday.  She also needs to get more time.  She is an easy stitch, but not always feeling her, so she spends a lot of time in the footstool's storage area.

I also worked a little bit on my Family Tree - it has 10 houses on it, which will be my parents, hubby's parents, hubby and me and then our 4 kids.  So my start isn't very much and this is the first time this has been out in ages!!  it is fun to work on, so maybe I will spend more time on it over the next few months.

The last is the new canvas I got which will go into a coin purse for my Mom.  No fancy stitching on it, just basket weave, so it's kind of a mindless stitch which is nice.  I have the lady bugs too to do, these will become my work project for lunch house starting next week.  Look for a finish hopefully by the next WIPocalypse


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm with you on feeling left behind! Can we please slow down these last few months! I have a bunch of WIPs near my stitching place on the couch also. Nice progress on all your projects. I've always liked SB's angels so I love the stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit this blog to learn lots of articles on writing.bk8

    ReplyDelete