My Blog List

Sunday, April 26, 2020

April is almost over....

Dear Blogging world:

I don't know where the time is going, normally by now I'm knee deep in work and my weekends would be spend actually at work, working mega hours.  However with the current crisis and the additional of 2 more people in our department, I'm not as busy as I would have been, and the government in all of their wisdom has given us a 60 day extension to file our reports.  So in my new boss' wisdom, or lack there of, he has opted to take advantage of that time.  At some point it will all catch up as we just go from deadlines to deadlines, so pushing one, only pushes it into another one.  Oh well.....

On the upside I have been doing some stitching, not to the extent as others, but I've been busy just the same.

Any-who-how, this is the monthly check in for WIPocalypse.  If you want to see more about it you can go here

http://measi.net/measiblog/

and see what other talented stitcher are doing.  I am always at awe for the folks who do the HAED, I have one that is a total cover long before HAED was even through about, but not sure if I'll ever get the courage up to actually do the design.

This months question is - Tell us about your longest running WIP/UFO......I probably have WIP/UFO's older than most of you out here in WIPocalypse land :(  It's not that I don't love them, I do it's just for some reason they got put into time out and haven't made an appearance again.

The oldest was started in 1974, not sure where it is, it was a needlepoint kit and when I look at it and realized just how far I've come in what I know and my stitching ability.  I will pull it out and finish it one day, and get it framed as a reminder of where I started and where I am today.

I am including pictures for other older WIP/UFO's,  these are in no particular order:

The long skinny green one was a Round Robin - all of the squares were completed by others, I was going to x-stitch a poem in about forgotten projects LOL - well it has sat this way for many, many years.

The one with letters on it was going to be a cross-word type design with my kids names - totally lost interest in working on it when the round robin went defund.  I was happy to get it back and I finished a few more squares.  One day it will come out again as I need to figure out if I can add in the grandchildren now.   Maybe I'll put it out this year and add another letter.

The last one is probably the oldest of the ones shown today.  It it about 32 year old, I started it with the idea that our last initial would be in the middle and then I would add squares that represented each of our 4 kids, my hubby and myself and then add to it over the years.  I started on it, but then decided it was such a good idea that I would do the same for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.  So it was put aside, my parents will be married 69 years this year and it took me 2 years to complete their afghan.  Hopefully the W chart is still with the afghan along with the green threads as their were generic  and I couldn't come close to those shades again.  One day it will get done as I have collected charts to add to it.

These are among my oldest, and one day they will be finished, I hope, but until then I will work on my current projects and maybe get one or two of them done.

So what did I do this month?  Well I had a few kind of finishes :)

First up is one page out of 13 on my Family Tree.  So happy to have it done.  I am getting the box in for the second one ready start start.  My parents and myself will be the column left of the tree.  Hubby and his parents will be right of the tree and the 4 kids will be across the top.  I really love this chart and not sure why I put it away and haven't worked on it for several years.  But it's out and I'm having fun working on it.  I'm changing the house based on what different houses have looked like that we've lived in or our parents.

I finished #3 of Lucky 13, which really is only the second one for me.  Isn't the ghost cute?  Next up are pumpkins.  I want to get more words done that a will help me get the other charts placed correctly.  I'm enjoying this one, it is a new start this year as a SAL at our LNS.  With the virus and the stay at home, I haven't seen the group in a while.  They will be surprised at my progress.  Last time we were in the group I had started on the witch, but hadn't gotten very far.

Lastly I worked on my BEGIN.  I got a few more trees done on the top.  I only work on this one during my lunch break.  With all of the calls I've been having and webinars and meetings, and since I'm 3 hours ahead of most of my company, it seems like my lunch time is spend on calls instead of stitching.  Hopefully I'll get to work on it more this coming month.  I want this one done for Christmas for my middle daughter.

I am enjoying stitching more this year, and hoping to get back to quilting this summer when the basement warm up a little bit more.

I hope everyone is staying safe and not going too stir crazy.  I'm a home body most of the time, so it doesn't bother me not to go out.  My hubby is more of a people person, so this is driving him crazy.  Thankfully he has a yard to play in this year and once the weather gets a little bit nicer, he will be spending his days outside working in his garden and keeping the lawn green.

Sandy






1 comment:

  1. Lovely work on your projects =) The ghost is really cute =)

    ReplyDelete