My Blog List

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Not a lot of stitching the past week.....


It's been a busy week, but not a whole lot of stitching going on.  My husband came home from a 3 1/2 week trip home to visit with his family.  While we normally go back to Michigan at the same time, since we've moved out here, it's made more sense to go separately.  I haven't been able to build up my time off yet, so my trips are short and sweet.  My husband is retired and therefore able to go for longer periods of time.  Anyway, he came home on Friday and I'm happy to have him home again.

My Iris & Fans is actually a little bit farther than the picture shows.  If you notice, I also corrected my glaring error too.   Scan down to my previous post and you'll see it immediately, I can't believe I didn't see it until I posted the pictures.  I finished the small section you see below and started the mirror image of it to the left.  Will post another update later.  This is my fun project, you have to think, but not a whole lot.  the next section will require more attention as it has several color changes.

Next to it is my new start from a class I signed up for, which started in June.  The group is on about 5 lessons I am just finishing up lesson one.  I had outlined the face, but when I went to place the eyes, I realized that it was off, so ripped it out and started again.  Much happier with the second start.  Hope to get the back stitching in and the hair shortly, then on to the ruffly collar :)  Lesson 1 also calls for the hands to be stitched, but I might wait until I have the collar completed, we'll see.

After Elizabeth I, or Lizzy to her friends, is my Spirit Dancer by L&L.  I'm still working on the green behind the lady and will be for several weeks I'm sure.  It boggles my mind how many different greens are in that area, and while I'd love to just stitch it solid in one color, but I am following the chart, square by square, color by color.  I know that I'll be happy with the results, the picture doesn't do her justice and while it looks like I've done a lot, I don't think I'm even 1/3 done yet :(

The last two pictures are of our dogs - Sadie and Hannah.




No comments:

Post a Comment