My Blog List

Thursday, September 19, 2013

OMG there is a full moon out!

Where has September gone?  I can't believe we're at a full moon again and like last month I'm so totally unprepared.   I've done more surfing the web then stitching.

Since the last full moon I had a birthday, not a big one ending with a "0",  but I'm another year closer to a big number.  My youngest daughter sent me an Edible arrangement at work, and I had a great time sharing it with my co-workers.  Gave me a chance to walk around the office and visit with people.  Most of my days are spent hunched over my computer working away.

My sister sent me Kermit the Frog, he's is mohair, but only joined at the arms.  I've not found the perfect spot for him yet, but will.   He doesn't sit or stand too well, so might need to get something to hold him up in a stand position.  The card is one she designed and it starts out "It's not easy being...."  Then inside it says "OLD".  We have a on-going battle - we are 18 months apart, when we were in school it was a year for me and 2 years apart from her view point.  Now that we are older our views have changed - she is much older, at LEAST 2 years from my viewpoint, barely a year from her stance.

My oldest daughter and grand-daughter sent me the flower birthday cake.  My DGD thought there was a real cake under the flowers.  She was disappointed when I told her it was just the flowers.  My DGD also made me a card - she loves to do crafts and I told my sister she has some serious competition coming up.  She sent the card home with my hubby from his last visit with strict orders I wasn't to get it until my birthday.  She called him several times to see if he still had it and was keeping it safe for me.   Then phoned me on my birthday to see if I received it (at 6:00 AM - we are PDT and she is CDT).

The black pictures is actually my ornament for a Halloween exchange that I'll be mailing out at the end of the month.  We're not supposed to show it off until it's been received, so for now you only get a peak.  It has purple, orange, browns and greens.  Next full moon you'll see a full picture of it all decked out :)  Right now it's a little more than 1/2 done - had an issue with counting, so part of it had to be re-done.  Only hint is from JCS magazine from 2 or 3 years ago - can you tell which one????

I did manage to make a little progress on my Thine is the Trick and Treat.   I've got the 4th page about 1/2 done.

I also managed to get myself a new cutting table for my quilting and a light box for tracing wool appliqué.   With winter coming....ok it really don't come to southern California...but I'm hoping to get some quilting done, cooler weather puts me in a quilting mood.  I really do want to finish up at least 2 quilts this year and I'm running out of time.  Which is do-able given I have 3 of them that just need to be assembled!!  What is my problem?

Hope you all had some great stitching time and are crossing projects off your list.

Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment