My Blog List

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Moon is full and so is my WIP bin

Its another full moon, they seem to be coming awful fast these days, doesn't seem like it's been 30 days since the last one. So for this month the topics are:

What designs or themes do you really wish you could find?

What do you think is missing among stitching designs? 


For the first question I really can't think of a theme or design that I haven't been able to find.   But then I've not really looked for something specific, and have decided I really need to focus on what I have already.  If I see something that sparks my interest I might get it, but not really looking anymore.   

For the second question-what's missing among stitching designs.  I've tried to respond to this question several times, but my responses come across jaded to so will leave this one unanswered.

I missed the last full moon's posting.  I was out of town visiting my daughter, who is responding well to chemo therapy :).   Will be seeing her again soon, just need to get through our busy season at work so I'm not stressed out.

So here is what I've been up to:

I've worked some on my L&L Ice Angel, but not enough to post a new picture - working on the white, so it doesn't look like a lot of progress.  Maybe next time.  Also no progress on my Bent Creek Spooky Halloween Mantel - which is 2/3rd done, so really need to get back working on it.  

First up is my SB Christmas stocking called Sophie's Stocking.  Didn't realize until I looked closer at the chart that I stitched the bottom row with the wrong color :(   I'm sure I'll take it out at some point, but not right now.
SB Sophie's Stocking - before

SB Sophie's Stocking After

Next up is my Lizzy Kate - At our House.  This one has been fun to stitch on and is going pretty quickly.  I'm hoping to have this one done before my next trip home so I can get it framed and hanging in our house.  We'll have 3 of 4 grown kids living at our house for while, so won't hurt for them to read this often.

L*K At our House After

L*K - At Our House Before













Last up is SamSarah's The Flock - I added another bird, which I posted recently so not going to re-post again.  I was hoping to have chart #4 done, but didn't happen.  I've been in a funk lately.  So if anyone has seen my stitching mojo, would appreciate you sending it back my way.

Sandy

8 comments:

  1. All of your stitching looks wonderful and I hope your daughter continues to respond well to her treatments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Minnie, we are so happy with her progress. Hoping that she can come out to CA for her break between rounds :)
      Sandy

      Delete
  2. Everything is looking great. Hope your daughter keeps well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu've made some nice progress! I really like that Lizzie Kate piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to have the Lizzie Kate done soon, but stitching on it today and will some more tomorrow. Look for a finish soon :)

      Delete
  4. You made nice progress ... everything is looking good. Glad to hear your dd is responding to the chemo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marcy, my stitching is helping me cope with not being able to see my daughter every day and knowing this is one time I can't fix the problem.

      Sandy

      Delete