My Blog List

Sunday, January 27, 2019

January isn't my month for progress

January tends to be a rough month for me and I spend part of it wallowing in self pity, which is OK because then I get myself together.  I think everyone is entitled to a pity party now and then.

Pity parties don't pair well with getting a lot of stitching, but did manage to do a little bit.  However it's time for the all important business of the month -  WIPocalypse check in, which you can see other people who participate here:

http://measi.net/measiblog/ 

Or if you are on FaceBook, we have a group there too, which is wonderful.

So this month's question is which SAL do I participate in this year?  Well, this is the ONLY one.   So this month was an easy question.  I must admit every year I look at different groups and think about how much fun they would be, but knowing me (and I do), I decided one is enough.  I love this one because I can go at my own pace and make up my own rules as I go :)  Thanks WIPocalypse!!

As said I spend a lot of the month wallowing in self pity, but I have a need to feel a little productive.  This year I decided to do a little bit of knitting on my lunch hours.  I started a new pair of socks since I finished the baby socks just before Christmas.  I was going to use larger needles, but the yarn just wasn't thick enough for the size 3, so I stay with the size 2.  I have some other yummy yarn that will pop up as a new start, but until then here is what I'm doing:

I've done a little bit more than this, but not ready to start on the heel yet.   The picture doesn't pick up the colors really well, but I love how it looks.  My middle daughter loves to wear black, she is not goth, but loves black just the same.

I also did a knitting lesson with a co-worker.  I knew the socks were not something I should use for teaching since the needles are small.  Therefore I decided I would start a hat, which I could demo on, but if I didn't like how it was going, could take it out and re-do.  I like the colors and think it will make a nice hat, but I violated my own rule of making sure it was in multiples of 4 :(   Which means the ribbing isn't working but it is kind of neat pattern just the same so might do a few more rounds to see if I like it or not and then decided if it's a do over.

I did al little bit on my needlepoint of Glenda - I started doing french knots for the hair.  I don't mind doing the knots at all, but not sure I'm happy with the thread.  there is slight glitter in it, but it doesn't show up well.  I will probably keep going as I've changed out threads so many times already that I just need to go forward.  I also did the lips and the eye shadow.  Need to add the eyes themselves yet.

Lastly I pulled out one that I started in 2017 that only saw the light of day once or twice in 2018.  Its called Vexation Sampler by Plum Street.   It is charted in 4 or 5 colors, but being me, I decided to expand the color pallet and I'm doing the top in a variegated silk thread.  I'm not sure if I'll do all of the numbers in the variegated or use solids that match.  This one is fun to stitch, so maybe it will see more time this year.

Hopefully I'll have more progress in February, but maybe not as I'm going to New Orleans with my sister to celebrate her birthday :)  It will be my first trip and I'm excited.

Can't wait to see what others have accomplished.

Sandy








3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour for the socks, black but with some splash!
    The hat colour is pretty too, I hope your co-worker gets the hang of it.
    I love Glenda! Maybe once it's all done you'll be able to see the glitter better?
    I had to look up Vexation, that's a cool one, sure to keep you busy.
    Have fun in NOLA, make sure you get some beignets at Cafe Du Monde, they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is always my get-back-on-my-horse month! The holidays really take it out of me and this late in the month, I'm feeling better. Hope February is a better month for you and me. I really admire anyone who can knit! It would be so neat to be able to make myself a pair of socks! Glenda's hair will be real interesting with all those French knots. Nice to see the Vexation sampler back out again, good luck with it. I love NOLA, by all means, make sure you get beignets at Cafe du Monde! You have to! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I get stitching done on a trip in January, but that got cancelled this year due to taking care of Dad......long story there, but then I got sick so did a fair amount of stitching cause I was just sitting and watching tv and knitting. Hello from one Sandy to another. Found your blog as I was out blog walking this am, always fun to meet new bloggers.......and hey to find another Sandy...bonus.

    ReplyDelete