My Blog List

Sunday, March 31, 2019

no stitching......just more packing


I have not touched needle to thread in over a month.  We are in the midst of moving and when you're old, it takes you a lot longer to pack those boxes!!  We have shipped 2 containers "home" and they will be put into our house next week, another container will go in a few weeks and the final will be when we make the actual move.

All of my stitching stash has been sent in the first shipment.  I do have some of my WIP's still here, below is a list of my best guess what I have started but not finished.  I think I've kept maybe 5 or 6 of them so if the mood strikes I will have something to do.  I know the SB stocking is still here as it's sitting by my stitching chair.  My Nancy Needle - Starry Night is still here because it's in the room where I've been packing - it didn't find in anything that has gone, so waiting it's turn to be packed and shipped.  I'm not sure what is in my foot stool in the living room or the guest room/ aka packing room.  I'm pretty sure I have some of my L&L angels - Peace and EarthDancer and maybe Ice Angel.  I'm hoping my Family Tree and my SB Angel's Song, but since I've been looking for something to pack my lights in, not sure if I will do anymore stitching at all.  Also I'll be sending my storage foot stools with the next load, which means I'll only keep what I can put in my stitching bag.

I love large projects and normally I'm more proactive on stitching and getting them done, but not being able to really have my floor stand out where I can actual use it has been hard.  Once we are moved, I'm fixing the basement area for my office and stitching area.  I will have my sewing machine and cutting table up and hope to get both of my king size quilts done.  I will also have my stitching stands (I have 2 floor and one lap) up and near my stitching chair, so I can work on those large projects.  Also will have my threads where I can get to them and maybe even get them organized again.  My middle daughter is excited to go to Ikea and helping me find all kinds of storage things.  I tossed out most of my plastic 3-drawer bins because they just weren't in shape for another move, so I will need something and would like something a little bit nicer than plastic.  I would love to find a map drawer for my canvases, so will be looking for that once I've moved too.

So for now I'll need to be happy with looking at what others are doing and not being swayed into buying anything.  By fall I'll have a finish :)  because my first task is taking some vacation time to unpack, and get settled.   I can't wait to start this new phase of our lives, and for the first time since 1992, well the second time, we'll move someplace there we won't need the GPS to find the grocery store!!  we are going HOME and boy is that a good feeling.  CA is nice, but Home if where the heart is, and mine has been longing for Home for a long time now.

Oh it would be nice to be young and know I could pack everything in a few days, but I have to admit, being older gives me a much better stash :)  wish I was richer so I could hire out the packing and moving, but I'm OK with that too.

Sandy

DesignerProjectTypeStart
1Rosewood ManorAmerican Flag Quilt SamplerX-stitch2015
2Laundry LadyAmish Quilts w/ LadyNeedlepoint2000
3SBAngel's SongX-stitch2014
4Rosewood ManorAutum QuakersX-stitch2015
5Indigo RoseDash into It FearlesslyX-stitch2019
6Leigh's DesignsDragonNeedlepoint2009
7TIAGEarthDancerX-stitch2014
8Gay RogersElizabeth ICounted Canvas2015
9Sweetheart TreeElizabethan FloralX-stitch 
10Dragon Fire DesignsFamilyX-stitch2015
11Strictly ChristmasFlorida SantaNeedlepoint2000
12UnknownHipposNeedlepoint2016
13L&LIce AngelX-stitch2004
14Maureen AppletonInspire OthersX-stitch2015
15Nora CorbettLetter A MermaidsX-stitch2015
16Song of the Season (3 Parts)Little House NeedleworkX-stitch2016
17Cheryl SchaefferMine Light Bulb-GingerbreadNeedlepoint2014
18Cheryl SchaefferMini Light Bulb-PenguinNeedlepoint2015
19Cheryl SchaefferMini Light Bulb-SantaNeedlepoint2015
20Defunked Round Robin NamesMisc - booksX-stitch1995
21Family AfghanMisc booksX-stitch1991
22Round Robin - PoemMisc. BooksX-stitch1995
23Needle Delight OriginalsOh My StarsNeedlepoint 
24L&LPeace AngelX-stitch2015
25Courney CollectionPeliCanX-stitch2015
26SBPeter's PatchX-stitch2013
27Terry DrisendSafariCounted Canvas2010
28Wee of the NeedleSpookie Cat OrnamentWool Felt 
29Heart's ContentSpring SachelX-stitch2015
30Nancy's NeedleStarry NightCounted Canvas2016
31ANG YEAR LongStitch of the Month-2010Needlepoint2010
32Scarlet LetterThe Four Angels Mourning SamplerX-stitch2016
33As You Like itThe WizNeedlepoint2000
34Indigo RoseWalking to St IvesX-stitch2015
35Plum StreetVexation SamplerX-stitch2017
36ThistlesFamily TreeX-stitch2018
37Raymond XXGlendaNeedlepoint2018
38SB Anna's Stockingx-stitch2018
39    
    
    
     
31
1
32

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I don't envy you having to pack up and move, but it sounds like you already have a plan in the new place so that's exciting! And it looks like you have plenty to keep you busy when you get there!

    ReplyDelete