My Blog List

Saturday, February 25, 2023

February Check in for WIPocalypse

 February is a short month, but boy it seemed even shorter this year, can't believe we are at the end and going into march.  March will be a very busy month for me at work, so not sure how my stitching will go. So let's focus on February and what I accomplished.  If you would like to know more about WIPocalypse, then go to Mesi's blog, never too late to join.

https://measi.net/

So this month's question is what Stitch-A-Longs are you participating in this year?  I'm not really doing any SAL - I'm participating in stitching challenges instead, one being WIPocalypse which you focus on what you want to get done.  WIPGO which is like a BINGO board, each month two numbers are drawn and you work on those - you set the board, so mine had 1 main focus and 1 that I just want to put 1-6 thread lenghts in to get some progress.  The second project in each square, I'm not really worried about getting them done, they are extra credit as far as I'm concern.  finally I'm doing WIP Warriors which you have to join before the year start, it's a closed group once the year starts.  I am doing the Work Your WIP group, where you declare all of your WIPS, you can do a new start when you finish one or I think there are 3 other times - your birthday, and after the semi annual album check to show you are making progress.  you are supposed to do 50 stitches per day.  I'm not always an ever day stitcher, but tend to stitch longer on the weekends, so feel like I make up for any short coming during the week.

Now on to the fun stuff, what did I do this month!!


this one is Elizabeth Eyles by Scarlet Letter.  originally this was a stitch along with Laura the Serial Starter, but she seem to fall off the wagon really quickly, don't remember why.  I really like the bird in the middle - which you can see.  This was also a WIPGO call for February - met my 6 hours and then some.  I almost have a page finish, lots of fill in to do.  This will come back out again this yer, but not sure it will be a finish.  







the next one is my Four Angels Mourning Sampler by Scarlet letter.  This is my 3rd restart, but even though I'm off, I'm going to keep going on it and hopefully get the rest of the stuff back on track.  The face and hair are done over one - instead of doing 1 over 1 with full cross, I'm going 2 half cross and it went much better and I like it.   Most of the middle is over one - what was I thinking?  So we'll see how it goes, it is something that I need to be in the mood to do.  Not sure when this one will come back again, probably when it calls to me.   








Blessed is the Life by Little House Needlework.  I'm really loving this one and I'm not quite at the half way mark with getting it done.  This one is fun to work on and I'm sure it will be back out again when I need something easier to work on.  



The Raven by La-D-Da, I'm working my way to the crow.  The words got boring after a while, so got to the head of the crow before putting it away.  When it comes back out I can do a little bit of the crow and then more works.  This one should be a quick stitch as it's not very big.








Winter Sheep by Shepards Bush.  This was a start and finish this month.  It wasn't the called for on my WIPGO, which was another small round, but this one called to me.  I need to find a small frame and will frame it myself.  The matting came with he chart.  I'm trying to do many of the small SB in my stash.













The Wiz by Liz is a very old needlepoint.  I'm working on the back ground and then will go back and do more of the wizard's scarf and finish the owl.  The staff will be last while I figure out what to do with it.   I had a crystal for the top of it at one time, but that has long since been lost, so will need to find something else.  




Arc of White by Temping Tangle Design.  This one has a lot of back stitching as part of the spider's web.  I moved over to the right so I could do a little color.  I'm enjoying it, and maybe 25% done, ok maybe more like 15%.  This one will come back out again, I love the purple fabric and the colors are showing well on it.

Nevermore by Lila's Studio is the one I'm currently working on this weekend.  the motif below the top has been stitched and re-stitched 3 times, but think I have it now.  I will probably post a new picture of this one net month as I will have more done.    I've seen many people stitching this one, most are a lot farther along than me, but that's OK, no hurry on getting it done.

So next month will be an angel month as my Guardian Angel and Ice Angel have been called on my WIPGO board.   Ice Angel hasn't been touched in probably 5 years, so it will take a minute to figure out where I am and get going on it, hope for some good progress.

Happy February all.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely projects and the spider one is gorgeous on the purple fabric. 3 restarts! That’s dedication, but when you love the design, what else can you do.

    ReplyDelete