My Blog List

Sunday, October 29, 2023

October, can 2024 be far behind?

 Wow, we are at the end of October, the November bills have been paid, the flu shots gotten (including my parents) as well as the COVID booster - when you are over 60, you really don't want to take chances and hope that you don't get it, or that if you do it will be fine.  So like the flu, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  

So I'm posting my monthly update from the Blog and Facebook group hosted by Mesa. I'm posting her link as she will be posting the information for 2024 with November's update, so if you want to join in and stitch all things that need to get stitched, please go and visit her site, or if you are FB look for the group.

Mesi WIPocalypse

Question of the Month: How do you begin planning for the next year with your stitching? Tell us your process.

Funny, I was just t thinking about 2024 and what I wanted to get accomplished.  Generally I just would stitch what I wanted when I wanted.  But for the past 2 years I've been doing WIPGO and for the past 3 years WIP Warriors, so I have to be accountable for my actions - and basically limit the new starts.  so sometime in December I will go through all my WIPs, take new pictures and set up a new album in my photos so I have a clear starting point, then determine which ones I really want to work on, and if I think I can finish them.  I like to have a few small projects so I get some finishes in each year.  But all plans are subject to change at the whim of the creator and at any time a project can be put in a long term UFO status.

So what did I do this month?

I started and finished another square on my Family Tree by Thistles.  Across the top there are 6 squares - one for each of our four kids and then I'll be on the left and hubby will be on the right.  then were are two squares down under the corners - so will be my folks and then hubby's folks.  In the middle is a tree that is huge.  

I'm thinking of adding the grandchildren in the tree, but not sure how to accomplish this yet, but I have lots of time to figure it all out as I only have 5 blocks done now.  


Next up is a Shepherd's Bush design - Easter Basket.  It's a very small design that came with the matting.  I've done 2 others and have put them in their respective frames.  Since I spent money on the frames I decided I would get all 4 done this year and have met that goal now, this is number 3 and below is number 4.  I just need to lace them and put them in their frames.  Not going a great job on framing, but good enough for now.  I tried tape and decided that wasn't for me, I need to stick to lacing, which because they are small isn't difficult.  

Next one is also a finish and #4 - called Watercolour Heart - it was also very small, took one night to stitch, but boy the color changes!!  For such a small chart it had a lot of colors.  But it's done and ready to go into its frame.  That will be a November goal.  I have a spot on the wall for it already.

Next up is a very OLD-OLD-really OLD WIP/UFO.  It is Curtis Boehringer's Noah's Ark.  I started this in 1998 when my niece was born and at first I really was keeping up with the animals, but then there was a stall on the release of the middle and I lost interest.  Needless to say my niece never got it and most likely never will as she is 25 almost 26 and not into home made gifts.  She would graciously accept it, but I'm sure it would end up in a closet until it could be tastefully "lost" in transit someplace.  So going to keep it for myself.  I'm up to T for Tiger.  Not sure this one will come out again, but maybe next year it will get more love and see if we can't get a few more animals done.

In the mean time I need to find a great flannel material for the backing.

I pulled this one out this weekend after finishing the tiger on Friday.  I looked through my WIP's to see which ones had not been touched this year and this one was one of them.  It's O'Santa by Rosewood Manor.  It was an exclusive kit in a mystery box I got maybe last Christmas?  I know the chart has been released, now so anyone can get it.  I like Rosewood Manor's charts, but there are so many color changes, maybe not a lot of colors, but you do a few stitches here and then a few there.  Anyways, while it is getting some good stitching time, not a lot of progress.  The red is making it pop more.  would like to get the top part of his hat done, then next time go the brim of the hat and then the face.  Once those are done - it will be 50% done.


The last is my Vexation Sampler which is by Plum Street.  I'm calling this one maybe 60% done now.  Still a lot of numbers to go and the left side to come down to another page of the chart.  I'd like to get another stitching session done on this one so it can be a finish in 2024.  This is my second multiplication table and I have another one in my stash to start.  Most likely that will be a 2025 start.

the last one is an Arc of White by Tempting Tangle Designs.  I wanted to get that big motif on the left done.  There is ton of backstitching that needs to be done in the section still, but it is looking pretty good.  After all that white I wanted to get down into some green.  Next time I will go back to the right and get that huge motif completed and at that point it will be a little better than 50% done.  

November most likely won't see as much stitching as I've been doing.  

I'm going to try to get some stuff "NOV-KNOCK-OUT".  I have a good start as I put the embellishments on the stocking that needs to be finished for Christmas for my soon to be son-in-law.  I also need to finish up my niece's wedding present as I'd like to send that to her for Christmas.  And then it's back to my WIPGO board and see what I can get done on that.  I know I won't have a black out as there are a couple of things that I know will never get finished, but going to see if I can't use them for something else or cut them down and frame what has been completed.

Until next time - happy stitching and my your floss always be enough to finish the section you are working on, may the frog play in someone else's pond, or at least let you know sooner rather than later when a mistake happens and remember to stitch all things that make you happy and put those that don't make you happy deep in the depth of your bins.

Sandy







  

2 comments:

  1. I find it easy to plan for the next year's stitching but I'm undecided this time around. I have a Christmas Day start lined out and I'd like to have a New Year's Day start planned but don't know what it'll be yet. I do have 4 Halloween projects planned for 2024 though. Great progress on your stitching though! Noah's Ark will be a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed your post! Your perspective is refreshing. Keep up the great work and write more!

    ReplyDelete