My Blog List

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Another Month almost over - time for WIPocalypse check in

 Each month we post what we've done and the progress we've made, this group is the brain child for Measi at WIPocalpse which can be found here

WIPocalypse

The question this month is about SAL - Stitch A-Longs. and if we are participating in any this year.  I am not, they look like fun, but I don't do well with expectations in my stitching.  I normally don't put any deadlines on myself - the only exception would be for Christmas Stocking for new family members, which I will have one this year, just don't know if it's a boy or girl yet.   while a lot of people to Start A-Longs, where they start, but then work at their own pace, I've not joined any of those.  Maybe when my WIP's are lower, or if I see something that I know I want to stitch.  But until then I just do my own thing.

So what did I accomplish this month?

Glendon Place - WITCH, I'm not quite 1/2 done with this one.  I ran out of thread on the H- in my mind while stitching the H I was signing - I fought the thread and the thread won, I fought the thread and the thread won.  If you are old like me, you know the song - I fought the law and the law won......  Wish you could see the sparkle in WITCH - it looks great.

Next up are more words - and then the top border repeated at the bottom.  Not sure if this one will be finished this year or not, but will give it a go.

Next up is Mary Ann Aldred Sampler by Needlework Press.  

There are two pictures, the first one is the top part of the chart.  I finished up the border on the right and the rest of the words and the tree on the right.  

Then moved the q-snaps down and finished the border on the left, rounded the corner and start the border on the bottom.  Next worked on the tree and got it completed and started on the house.  

That's when the frogs from WITCH decided to come and visit.....The house had to be taken out once because part of the tree wasn't done correctly.  I didn't go back and fix the tree, but did get the house in the right spot, so the house is done on that page, working on the bottom border and need to get the rest of the over one words in and Mary's name.  

The last page of the chart isn't a full page, so hoping it will go fast.  This one could be finished this year if it comes back out again.  I really love it so would like to see it finished.  

Next up is Nevermore by Lila Studios, I worked on the right side of the chart - and got page 2 finished, so it is half done.   I'm not sure if I have enough thread to repeat the top border at the bottom.  I used up one skein already and I'm pulling form the second skein.  I might get another skein and just keep it for the bottom so if there are differences in the dye lots it won't be noticeable because all of the colors will be from the same skein at the bottom.

I can't wait to finish up the little grave yard.  I think I'm going to put my initials on one of the tombstones with the date it was finished.

The last one is my Hawk Run Hallow - Halloween.  My original goal was to frame in each box, but I found myself adding a few stitches in each box.  so I decided that I really wanted to work on the boxes as they were more fun than just doing the frame.  So did I go back and work on box 1???  Heck NO, I started working on box two.  This one won't be done for years at the rate I'm working on it, so will revise my goal and try to get one block done a year and another one started, that way it will be about 6 or 7 years before it's done.  OK it will probably get done sooner than that but for now, I'll just bring it out and touch it once or twice a year.

I'm loving my new rotation, I work on a project for about a week and then put it away.  The goal is to touch all of my WIP's this year and bring as many as possible to a finish or close to a finish.  I have several new starts planned during the year, but will only start them when the mood hits for a new start.  If it doesn't this year, that is OK.

Hope you all have had a wonderful stitching month and made great progress.  Not sure how March will go, big deadlines at work and hubby had surgery on the 1st.  My stitching is my zen moments, so hope I can keep going.

Sandy




4 comments:

  1. Great progress on some super projects! I preordered Mary Ann Aldred from market but I'm seeing it out and about so I'm confused😅 I don't think the designers go to market. I can't wait to get the chart! I'm awful at SALs but I can do the start a longs! Anything that's pretty informal I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it through a FB group about 2 years ago, which is why you probably see some people having it. It's not very big and I'm sure I could have had it finished if I had really tried.

      Delete
  2. Great work on your projects. Love Nevermoor and Hawk Run Hollow of course! If you look at the labels on my blog you’ll see how long it took me to stitch that one. It was a fun stitch.
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the effort you put into creating content that is both informative and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete