My Blog List

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Productive weekend

January's Progress
Not only have I reclaimed 15% of my DVR's space watching my taped program this weekend, but I've made progress on my lady.  My goal is to have her done by the end of May.  On my journey from starting her to hopefully finishing her, I've taken tons of pictures.  There is a commercial on TV about the number of pictures taken every day from cell phones, well I I'm one of those people who is constantly taking pictures of everything using my cell phone.  I have over 800 pictures on my cell phone, which have been transferred to my computer, but for whatever reason I just never deleted them, I guess I want to be able to go back and look at them.  One day I'll learn how to sort my photos so I can see the progress on my pictures from start to finish without having to look at all of my pictures to find them.  I sure wish I'd taken pictures of all of my projects as I went along, but back when I started, we didn't have a lot of money, so taking pictures of my x-stitch was not high on my list.

February
This journey has not gone as well as other journeys I've been on.  It started when I discovered I was off my one column of stitches.  Not sure where or how it happened, but it did and by the time I'd discovered it I knew I was at a point of no return.  Well, in my efforts to correct that error I have made TONS more, but given that she is over half done, I'm not starting over.  So I fudge a little here and a little there in hopes that no one will notice when its all said and done.

Progress last week.
The beading has been difficult because the beads themselves are not uniform in size or shape.  Since I knew I was off, I started at the bottom and worked my way up.  Can't tell you how many times I had to un-bead areas because I was off!!  Not sure if it was all correct, but it's done and looks OK.  I then went on and started beading the cape part of her dress.  I might do a little more beading before the day is over, but most likely I'll work on the arm, so I can start the green under the arm.  If you notice I had some of it done :( but thought I was off, turned out I was off, but not there.  Oh well, at least it wasn't a lot of stitching.

Saturday Night
Hope to have noticeable progress this week so I can post again next weekend.  Still need to get the rag quilt done for my niece's baby due in August and would very much like to get a quilt top done so I can take it back to the quilter I like in KY when I go back on vacation in June.

Thanks for visiting my blog!!
Sandy



Sunday at noon

end of weekend :)

close up of beading

1 comment:

  1. OMG if there is a mistake in the stitching here you would have to point it out. All I see is perfection.

    ReplyDelete