My Blog List

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Decisions & Opportunities

Are these mutually exclusive or does one lead to the other and therefore its more like the chicken and the egg?   Which does come first?  Should I really care which comes first or how do I decided which is the most important.  Which should I spend the most time and through on???

My life, like most, has been full of decisions and opportunities ..................

some were made for me like by my parents because I wasn't old enough, or so they said, to make it on my own.  Personally I was capable of making my own decision from age 2 to most like 18, it's after 18 that you really need your parents input and that seems to be when they back off....LOL  Do you know how many great opportunities there were in high school that my parent's told me NO???

some were totally on my own, like getting married the first time (hence 18, no longer subject to the parental NO) - really should have input from others, but the opportunity was there and I would actually get to live someplace else (New Jersey).  Bad decision, learned a lot from that one and it wasn't New Jersey that was the bad decision...

some after consulting with family and/or friends, like my second marriage - much better decision, has lasted 29 years and counting....I took 6 years to consider the opportunity before I made the decision..his blue cross card was the decision factor...

some were pushed upon me, like when I was "downsized" at work or told I wasn't a good fit because I questioned the inconsistencies between the male and the female employees.  What really got me with that one, it was the other women who were upset I would "rock the boat" and ask why men were paid as much as $10K more then the women and were given memberships to the private clubs for wining and dining potential clients when the women weren't...oh well both presented me with new opportunities

...and well some decisions probably weren't thought out well at all, just jumped in with both feet - sink or swim...like first quilting experience being a king size quilt, first linen project 11 X 14, first knitting project a sweater with cables...

But (and I know you aren't supposed to start a sentence with 'but') at the end of the day they have been my decisions, some  because of the opportunity that was present at the time or others times because I didn't feel there were any opportunities for me.  So does the opportunity or lack of said opportunity lead to having to make a decision???  Or does the decision lead to an opportunity????

Well, enough deep thinking for the day....I've got a decision to make because of an opportunity and doing nothing is not the answer.....

On the stitching front I made a little progress since the last picture, had more, but it was off, so it all was rippppppp out, felt more like a frog tonight than stitcher.  Two more weekend to get this done and still a lot to do!!  There is beading all long the bottom of the skirt - like 3 rows deep!! Maybe tomorrow I'll bead, it looks like I get more done than when I go in and filling in stitches here and there.

Sandy




No comments:

Post a Comment