My Blog List

Sunday, July 13, 2014

5 more full moons….

There are ONLY 5 more full moons this year and I've not accomplished nearly as much as I was hoping to do.  But I think I've done more than I would have done if I wasn't inspired or maybe I'm being shamed into stitching.  

The topic this month is:  It’s halfway to Christmas.  Do you start your holiday stitching this early?  If so, what do you hope to accomplish this year?

I don’t like working under pressure at home because that is what my actual work life is like.  So I don’t normally do stitching projects for Christmas, I may make promises of things or have high hopes like the ant for Christmas projects, but I don't really do Christmas stitching.  

With that being said I have in the past picked a special project to do for all of my friends and family.  The last several years it’s been pillow cases, but I think I’m burned out on those, so will need to find something new to do.  One year it was rag quilts and another year I did socks and mittens for my kids only.  

HOWEVER that being said I do have two deadlines now for Christmas.  I need to finish a stocking for my granddaughter who was born in February and also one for a new niece who will arrive sometime around Christmas.  So I really need to get my fingers in gear and get to stitching.  The good news is I like both of the designs, so I can motivate myself to stitch :) 

There hasn't been a lot of stitching this time around, I did finish my Bent Creek Spooky Halloween Mantle.   I also got a little bit more done on my SB – Peter’s Patch, which is something for me.   Worked a little bit on chart #4 of 12 on SamSarah's The Flock and lastly I pick up my SB Sophie’s stocking and did a little more stitching on it as well as some frogging……..I think it’s a little better than a wash, but not as far as I’d like.  I fogged out the green flowers at the bottom and replace them with the purple thread per the chart.

Well that’s my update for this full moon :0 


Before
After
Before
After
before
after
Sandy





3 comments:

  1. All of your projects look great! I love that you do before and after photos -- I'm too lazy and just do "after"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress on all, and I love the before and after photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great. I love the birds. They look so happy.

    ReplyDelete