My Blog List

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#2 Full Moon


I thought I was late in posting, but looking at the date for the topic, I'm right on time.

I've not done a lot of stitching this past week, but looking at all of my starts, I guess I've done more stitching that I thought since the last full moon.

We had a wonderful "coming home" celebration for our daughter, which meant got to I spend a week with family and friends getting ready for the celebration and then celebrating.  I learned a lot over the past couple of weeks, like crying really wears me out - I can see why baby's sleep after a good cry.  I finally had my first good night sleep last night, but I think most of it was just sheer exhaustion.

So here is this month's question:


February 4 – Topic: How do you overcome that feeling that you’re in a rut with a particular project?


I'm not very good at over coming that feeling.  Mostly I just put it aside until I feel like stitching on it again.  Sometimes that's a few days, other times it can be years.  If I was a one at a time person I most likely would have stopped stitching all together by now.  Not good at rotation, I'm more of a person who stitches what calls my name at the time.  

So what have I stitched since the last full moon?  I didn't make starting 31 projects in January, so maybe I'm not totally crazy, but I did start on about 16 in total.  When I was home I pulled all of my Shepherd Bush kits and several Just Nan kits and brought them back with me.  Of course my bag was searched, wonder if the TSA person is a stitcher who wanted to see what I was going to do LOL  Anyway, I might have to do a few more starts in February or March - maybe March Madness? - I'm sure I could manage a new start each day for March Madness. 

Until next full moon - keep your needle threaded and your projects close by.  Also hug your kids, your parents, your nieces/nephews, friend or honey.  I know I will never pass up an opportunity to do the same.

Sandy

Inspire Others - new start by Hearts Content

Ostrich by CB - Noah's Ark Afghan

Panda Bears - CB Noah's Ark

Family by Dragon Fire Designs

Letter A Merimaid - Nora Corbett

St. Ives by Indio Rose

Witch by Twisted Threads - FINISHED :)

Autumn Quakers by Rosewood Manor - LOVE IT

PeliCan - this is a re-start, like it a lot better

Tooth Pillow

Earth Dancer - L&L or maybe Butternut Road


14 comments:

  1. you are working on beautiful projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm having fun this year with my new projects.

      Delete
  2. Everything is looking wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such interesting projects! It's fun to watch them grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've got a few more new starts I want to do, got a sampler gridded last night that wasn't on my list this year, oh well, what's one more WIP, right?

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Autumn Quakers is on my wish list, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying this one, but was surprised with all the color changes.

      Delete
  5. Love all your new starts - especially Autumn Quakers. Will be looking forward to see progress on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm looking forward to working on Autumn Quaker Sampler - love the colors.

      Delete
  6. Wow, you did a lot! I love Earth Dancer. It will be great to watch her grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was really calling my name last month. Hope she calls to me again this month. Would love to get more done!!

      Delete
  7. Cool projects! Love your witch finish ... she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My witch was fun to stitch, I'd had it in my stash for ever and a day, so happy I finally pulled it out and finished it.

      Delete