My Blog List

Saturday, July 28, 2018

WIPocalypse is 1/2 through and what have I done?

This is the half way mark for WIPocalypse, where we try to finish our WIP's before the world comes to an end.  Which when you think about it, if they weren't finished, would I really care?  Probably not, but in lieu of that, it would be nice to have a few finishes.   If you would like to see what others have done, go to this website which links us all together.   http://measi.net/measiblog/

The question this month is to recap our progress/goals for the first 6 months of the year.  I really didn't have any goals, other than to try to finish one or two projects this year and i think I have hit that goal, so anything beyond this point is pure icing on the cake :)

So what have I done this month?  I had a finish, a big one, one that has been hanging over my head for YEARS!  I'm taking it to the framers tomorrow and will have them ship it home to my daughter in time for her 40th birthday (but will post about that later).

My August Peridot Fairy is finally done.  I decided to buckle down and get the beading done, as that was the ONLY thing left to do.  I'm not sure if all the beads are the correct colors, but at this point I'm just happy she is done.

So the floor stand is open for a new project.  I'm thinking of starting something new.....but haven't decided what that will be yet.

I also finished the knitting on a child's sweater - size 2.  the intended person is now size 6, missed that size by a smidge.  But fear not, there will be a new baby this time next year that will be wanting to wear it.  I will get it sewn together and put aside for now.  So to celebrate that finish I started to knit a baby's hat.

Thought I'd taken a picture of the start, but I guess not.  I started it while waiting for my scan yesterday.  I had to drink this awful stuff and wait 2 hours before they did the scan.  So decided knitting was just the thing to do while I waited.

I was hoping to have my 2nd sock done as well, but it wasn't so maybe next month.

Going to save the rest of my stuff for next month's posting.  Hoping to have another finish.

Happy stitching until then.

Sandy







4 comments:

  1. The fairy is precious, such beautiful stitching!
    Sweet sweater and I can't wait to see the hat.
    I hope your scan went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning finish! I'm sure it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish on the fairy, the beads look perfect and I'm sure your daughter will treasure her. Good luck with that second sock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete