My Blog List

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Its amazing what you can accomplish


I actually started the bumblebee while waiting for my CT scan, but finished it up waiting on my first flight to go out.  So then I started the lady bug and had all the knitting done when I landed.  So did the top of it while visiting my parents. These are easy-peasy little hats and fun to knit.  I've done 3 of them now and wish I would have brought the 4th one with me :)

I also finally got my act together and finished up my August Fairy :)  and quickly took her and 3 other finished projects to the framer.  Left my kids inheritance behind and my hubby's lottery money shipping them to my kids.  I'm happy with the finishes.

I had debated framing the mermaid in orange, but I think the purples was a better choice at the end of the day.  I did add the pearl the she got from Sea World and I had put into a lotus flower.

The Fairy turned out really well too, I'm delighted to have it finally done, it has been a thorn in my side for a long time.  My daughter has seen this picture, but doesn't actually have position yet, hopefully Saturday, but for sure on Monday.

 I love L*K's staying, and this is one saying that I had on my white board at work for a long time.  When I saw the x-stitch knew I needed to do it.

Then last one, is so my kid's kid's kids don't forget me.  While I love reproduction samplers, I can't help but thinking in a hundred years from now, will they be as prized as the original?  And I loved the frame, it was perfect for the picture.

 I did go to my favorite x-stitch shop in Saginaw Michigan and picked up a few things that I wanted and few things that I needed.

Now it's time to pick out another WIP and focus on getting it done.  Not sure which one yet, will need to see what calls to me.

Also going to start a new needlepoint since my floor stand is open.  Here will be my next big needlepoint focus.

Until next time - happy stitching and may your thread never break unexpectedly, may the frog play in someone else's pond and may you turn a WIP into a finished project.


3 comments:

  1. The framing looks great on everything. The hats are so cute. Lots of accomplishments! It must be a nice feeling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable hats, so cute! All the framing looks wonderful, I especially love the fairy and the mermaid.
    Your new needlepoint is going to be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete