My Blog List

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Is it really the last Sunday of July?

Wow can't believe the summer is almost over and it seems like it really hasn't started yet.  What is really throwing me off is my usual deadlines, normally I'm way too busy thought the end of May, then have one last big project that I have until the end of July to meet.  This year all the deadlines got pushed back a couple of times, so our really busy time just seems to go on and on and on......and it is really throwing off my internal clock.  You'd be amazed at how many webinar's I participate in each week for COVID-19.  I'm sorry if you think it's not real but it is, and in my industry it's been devastating.

So here I am getting my blog ready for the last Sunday of July's update to WIPocalypse which you can find here:

http://measi.net/measiblog/

or you can join the FaceBook group.  This SAL helps to inspire you to get your WIPs done before the end of time.

The question is what charts or designs have really caught your eye this year?

I really don't know if its so much new as being re-inspired - lately it's been privatives and quaker charts.  This is the most recent purchase.   Also purchased the Peter Pan Quaker, to go with my Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz Quarters - and I think they have Mary Poppins coming out in August :)  don't you think those would all look great hanging together?

The poem on this picture to the left, I want to do with L&L's Mother's Tree for my granddaughter.  While the tree is pretty I'm thinking I'd like to add a poem to it as well.  I found one a few years ago that I think will work well, but then saw this one and really love it too.   so this might be a 2021 start.

So what have I been doing since the last check in?  I have been stitching, but not as much as I would have liked.  I was hoping to be able to post pictures of my last two finishes framed, but my framer is not speedy, so not sure when I'll get them back.

I have had two small finishes that are part of larger projects that are in progress.  I'm celebrating the smaller finishes within so I feel like I'm making progress.



First up is from My Family Tree - this is the house for our older daughter.  I've stared the square for our son.  I had leave  out of of the design so I could use 3 initials.  Not sure why this one was charted with just 2 initials.  But the house reminds me of the house she purchased before she had her daughter.

I finished Frankenstein from Lucky 13 and have started the Mummy.  So I now have 4 of the 12 motifs done, there are 6 in each row.  They do stitch quickly and I thought I would have the Mummy finished, but I worked a little bit on another WIP on my lunch, so got behind.

 I also worked on my Multiplication is a Vixen or something like that, but found that my squares were off so I had to take it all out and re-do.  I thought I have an update, but I guess I didn't take a picture.  Will have one next month.  And I started a new project, but not enough done on it that it looks like anything more than a straight line of x's.  So will hold both of those for next month.  Hope the new one will be a finish by then as it's not really big and pretty simple.

Might have some excited news next month as well and 2 new projects :)  Won't know for  while yet, but I'm always looking for something positive to happen, so I'm hopeful.

Hope you all had a wonderful stitching month!!

Sandy


3 comments:

  1. Love the Quaker chart, I'd never seen that one before. Frankenstein turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have finished the Mummy now and hoping to have the Vampire done as well before the next Sunday check in. I love the Quaker Chart too and will include it on my daughter's mother's tree I think.

      Delete