My Blog List

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Summer Biog Hop with Stitching Friends

I have always enjoyed Jo's Blog Hop and often am a lurker who goes out and does all of the blog hops and enjoys seeing what people are working on, or what they have to show off.  While I do lots of Halloween things, I don't really get too much into Christmas and I don't think I have any Easter designs at all.  So this hop was perfect for me.  Here is a link to her website



So my mystery Blogging "new" Friend in stitches was fun to go and see what she is up too and to my delight we are both working on the same sampler!!  

Based on her picture I am was probably a few rows ahead, but I'm sure by now she has exceeded where I am.  This is a Shepard Bush - Song of the Angel.  I started mine many years ago and then just stopped.  I pulled it out and worked on it again a little bit this year and managed to get 2 more rows done and started a 3rd road, which is more cross stitching.  I really thought I was almost done, only to be disappointed that I still had a long ways to go.  

This new blog friend posts about her mother, she labels her as DBEM, which I think is cleaver.  Her Mom is a wonderful knitter the same as her and while I have done sweaters in the past, mine are no where nears as nice as the ones she has posted on her blog.  I'm more of sock knitter or baby hats.   I've done some fancy socks in the past, but most of the time I just like the simple basic sock pattern.  But I have done a simple sweater, so I can totally related to her Mom's love of yarn - and what a wonderful daughter that makes sure she has plenty of it to get through these times.
She post about putting in the last stitching on a Quaker design about Japan.  It really is wonderful and I've done a Quaker design for Halloween that i finished a few years back.  I'm inspired by her design and if she enjoyed it she might like to try a few more :)  I have several that I have purchased over the years by AuryTM - I love the Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland, also the Mermaid :) , this designer also has Peter Pan and is coming out with Mary Poppins soon.  I enjoy the symmetry of the design and have started Rosewood Manor's Autumn Quaker and the Winter lined up to start.

She also shows off her hardanger work, which really impresses me.  I've tried my hand at it, but I've not been too successful, so be sure to scroll back and see her work here too.

So who is this wonderful person?

My Stitching Friend is - https://margaretmyblog.blogspot.com/ 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop. What a wonderful coincidence that you are working on the same sampler. I call that serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice introduction and indeed serendipitous in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something very exciting about knowing that someone else is sharing your experience with a pattern, and about watching how differently you choose to stitch the same thing. Thank you from Lifeoutsidethewashingbasket

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to discover you are working on the same design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you are both working on the same design, you might find that it progresses quicker now that you have someone to compare the project with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely you are doing the same design. It's lovely to meet you through this Blog Hop and thank you for introducing Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely description and how fun you're working on the same design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, how wonderful to find out you're working on the same piece!
    Both Margaret and her Mum have made some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete