My Blog List

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

WIPocalypse September check in

 I have to echo everyone else, when I say WOW it's the end of September!!  And September is my birthday month and this time it was a big birthday, not big enough for me to retire, but one year closer to that goal!!  

So the question this month is Do you stitch Seasonal projects only during the Season or at any time?  For some reason I don't do a lot of seasonal stitching other than Halloween, and that is really because of the witches.   OK I do a lot of Christmas stockings too, but those are for nieces, nephews and grandchildren, and those like the witches are stitched at anytime during the year :)  In fact I have one started and another one waiting to start.

So what have I been doing?  I don't feel like I've done a lot of stitching in September, it was a busy month work wise and I didn't get my lunch time stitching in as I like.  So I didn't get my little vampire done yet, but he's getting close and then I can move the q-snaps to the bottom row and officially call it 50% done.

I'm just going to add my pictures :)  hopefully none of these are duplicates of months gone by.  Not all were worked on this month past, but I had worked on them since the last time I showed a picture.


This is my Lucky 13, thought I had taken a picture that was more up today, I have 1/2 of his face in now!!  So it's close to being done.  Since I did the words under each small motif, I don't have to go back and do them now.  

This one has been fun and I'm enjoying it and can't wait to get it done now.

Next up is my Quaker Autumn by Rosewood Manor.  That little section has a ton of color changes and I've frogged out several little areas because i was off some place.  I think I have enough done that I can count over to something with less color changes and feel like I'm making progress.


After that is my Suffrage Act which is done!!  I really liked stitching this one, hence the quick finish.  I plan on doing 3 of these designs, each different and then get them framed and give one to each of

 my daughters and the last one to my granddaughter.  I want them to know that their great-great-great aunt was out there demanding the right to vote.  I asked my Dad about this and he said that his Mom wasn't one for causing a problem, but Aunt Tess was one who would not be quiet if she thought it was important.  I love being able to ask my Dad about my relatives.  My grandmother was born in 1895 and her sister would have been something like 1878.  I really wish I would have had more conversations with them about what it was like growing up in Michigan.  My grandmother told us stories and wrote a lot of them down.  However I was too young to ask my Aunt about her life before she passed away.

Next up is a small ornament that I'm doing in an exchange.  not saying who will get it, but I'm hoping they like it.  For a small ornament I have frogged more than I would have liked!!  Between stitching with the wrong color, stitches in the wrong place and the border was completely off!!  So it's cursed from the get go.  This is one I will be glad to get done and ship off never to be seen again!!

 Next up is a new start, it will be L&L Guardian
Angel that will be for by new grand baby coming in 
March 2021    

I also worked a little bit on the Wiz - I put in more of the back ground.  It is slow going, but if I do a little bit at a time it will get done.  I would love to have this one done in 2021 as it has lingered in my WIP draw way to long.  It will also be my first attempt at doing a stand up.  I have another canvas that I brought that was almost done that I might experiment on first, if I totally mess it up I'm not vested in it.

Next up is a SB stocking for my pending grandchild, I'm actually going to do two, this 

one is the start of Peter's stocking.  I'll do a girls stocking too as my daughter isn't going to find out the sex until it is born.  So for now we are calling the wee one Bean.



This is the start of the 3rd house on my Family Tree, which will be for our one and only son - he is #2 in line of the 4.  So far no frogging :)  So I'm happy on this block.  I will do the house and then his birthday in the grass part, and his initial will go in and then the small motifs at the top of the design.


OK, next up is my canvas.  She has lingered for a long time with no loving and she is close to being finished.  I am beading her crown and then will do french knots for her hair.  I've tried doing the hair 3 different ways.  If this doesn't work, then I will just do a basket weave.  If you don't know, this is Glenda the good witch.



Last is my needlepoint belt.  Only a few stitches this past month, added the dark brown and medium brown.  can't wait to get to the dragon, then I can add red :)  

Sorry about the spacing I can't figure out how to get it organized better.  Maybe I need to go to a new blogging platform?  

Hope to have more updates next month.  Can't wait for 2021 to start thinking of joining the FB group called NO NEW STARTS 2021.  There is a $5.00 fee if you want to play along that is paid via pay pal.  I think I have enough starts that I could easily make.

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. You have had a busy month! The Autumn Quaker is great and I love the personal connection for the Suffrage design. It's nice that your Dad was able to provide some information.
    Congratulations on the forthcoming Grandbaby too!

    ReplyDelete