My Blog List

Sunday, August 30, 2020

End of August and Time to check in with WIPocalypse

It's the last Sunday of the month and time to check in with WIPocalypse, where we all post our progress for the month.  This keeps me motivated and I'm making progress on my WIP.  Now if I'd just stop starting new ones I might actually get some of the older ones done.  Oh well.  

Measi is our wonderful host and if you'd like to see what others have been up too, you an do that here:

http://measi.net/measiblog/2020/08/30/august-2020-wipocalypse-check-in/#more-7406

This month's question is where or not we've done any mystery SAL's and if so why made it great.  I have not, I did a mystery sampler by Just Nan called Chapter and Verse.  It was quite expensive and I was so disappointed in the total chart.  I think when it was said and done it was well over $100 and the sampler was only about 6" long.  Needless to say I never started it, and never finished it, not even sure where the charts are anymore, but remember being so excited about it and thinking it was would be wonderful as I'd seen many samplers in a year that were huge.   To be honest that was probably the last JN chart I ever purchased, and I have ALOT of them in my stash and I have stitch many of them.   I have been tempted by Factory Cloud, and I might do one of theirs, but for now I'm happy with waiting for the mystery to be over with and then seeing if I like it well enough to spend the dollars and time.

So what have I done?  Well I have a couple of finishes, one is a new start this month and the other is a SAL with the local shop that had pretty much gone defund.  But since I've paid for all the parts, I've committed to doing it.  So here is what I have, sorry that it's side ways.  I will take it to be framed when I get the chance.  So I have another new project in the q-snaps ready to start!!


here is my little Mummy and the start of the Vampire.  Not sure what I'l work on tonight, maybe the vampire.  He is little and cut and should be a quick finish.



My daughter's friend from high school is getting married in October, so she decided to do get together with a few of her close friends.  We went painting :)  it was fun and while I'm not an artist, here is what I ended up with:

You can see in the background what it was supposed to look like.  Missed that mark, but happy with the results.   Does it look like happy little trees?  It was a fun afternoon.

well until next month I guess that is all I have.

Sandy



4 comments:

  1. I like your painting, what a fun thing to do. Great work on your wips. I'm wary of signing up for SALs as they can be expensive and mystery ones can sometimes not be designs I like when fully revealed. I tend to do them the following year when I can see the finished piece and most often choose free ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suffrage stitching looks great and I love the mummy (that fabric color is perfect). Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a quick Google for the JN and there's one going for nearly £80 so it's held it's value if you wanted to resell!
    I much prefer to see the design before jumping in. Even if it's a designer I absolutely love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stitched Chapter and Verse when that 3 part design came out. You must be measuring your piece from side to side. Mine measures
    4 1/4" wide and 14 1'2" long. I entered it at two local fairs and received a first place red ribbon twice. Mine was stitched in 1999. I took a picture and sent it to Nan. She graciously autographed it and return it to me. I put the Limited Edition number on the front. Maria S. in Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete